Director of Enterprise Intranet at Toast
Now, more than ever, the Toast team is committed to our customers. We’re taking steps to help restaurants navigate these unprecedented times with technology, resources, and community. Our focus is on building the restaurant platform that helps restaurants adapt, take control, and get back to what they do best: building the businesses they love. And because our technology is purpose-built for restaurants, by restaurant people, restaurants can trust that we’ll deliver on their needs for today while investing in experiences that will power their restaurant of the future.
Bready* to make a change?
Join our team and establish our world-class intranet portal! We're looking for a creative superstar to lead the selection, implementation, and management of our global intranet solution. And while the intranet is certainly a critical piece of our technology infrastructure, we also think of it as the internal Toast media hub, and the glue that will ensure all Toasters stay connected to what matters, to each other, and to the rhythm of the business. Particularly in the post-pandemic era, where hybrid work may keep more Toasters physically distant from one another, the intranet should keep them all virtually connected, inspired and engaged. If you think about an intranet as much more than technology, this role may be for you.
As the leader for this critical part of our corporate infrastructure, you’ll drive best-practices for creating an engaging and integrated user experience, and supporting the effective distribution and management of internally shared information. You’ll work alongside stakeholders on our Systems, Communications, Employee Experience, and Analytics teams to drive effective content development and curation, monitor site analytics, and engagement programs to reach a diverse employee base. As the head of intranet governance, you’ll coach and coordinate intranet site group owners in building and maintaining active communities, as well as enable training and resource guidelines to users of all levels and across all teams.
About this roll* (Responsibilities)
- Collaborate cross-functionally to select and implement a world-class intranet solution that will scale globally as Toast grows.
- Manage the system through a small directly-managed team and an extended network of trained users across the organization who manage content for their own functions. Identify and train content providers, site editors and site administrators toward desired goals and outcomes. Support onboarding of new users and teams, and establish training enablement guidelines.
- Establish the system architecture and portal design to create an engaging user interface and seamless access to information and resources. Manage portal branding and visual design.
- Develop governance processes that ensure information, resources and tools are well-managed and current.
- Continually monitor business requirements and develop solutions to meet business needs. Partner with IT, HR and other stakeholders to identify and deliver functionality enhancements as part of the intranet roadmap and evolution
- Manage content governance for the portal homepage to maximize delivery of relevant information and easy access to resources.
- Collaborate with the Security and Legal functions to ensure data security and adherence to all data privacy regulations.
- Track site analytics, set and report regularly on system usage
Do you have the right ingredients*? (Requirements)
- Ten years of related experience managing effective intranet/portal solutions, including at least five years as a people manager.
- Bachelor's degree in a related field; masters degree, a plus.
- Demonstrated success in selecting and designing effective intranet/portal applications
- Demonstrated proficiency in developing and managing engaging intranet content
- Strong ability to collaborate and influence cross-functionally
- Outstanding ability to work effectively in a fast-paced, constantly changing environment
- Motivation to explore industry advancement and emerging technologies
*Bread puns encouraged but not required