At MassMutual, we’re passionate about helping millions of people find financial freedom and this passion has driven our approach to developing highly interactive digital experiences for our customers. The Digital Experience team, part of MassMutual’s Enterprise Technology & Experience organization, is comprised of collaborative, cross-functional, product centric groups who like to have fun, challenge each other, and are energized to create innovative solutions that exceed the changing needs of our customers. We design, build, and support all of MassMutual’s customer-facing digital assets.
To help us achieve our mission, we are hiring a [Team Lead].What great looks like in this role
Our ideal [Team Lead] candidate is inherently collaborative and possesses excellent communication skills and extensive experience in consumer-facing digital products. This role is a people leadership role that requires a hybrid of technical acumen, customer centricity, stakeholder management, and team management to support new and emerging opportunities in digital customer experience. This is an opportunity to lead a team while working in a fast paced, innovative, and collaborative environment on exciting technology directives. You have a high EQ, and can balance the needs of stakeholders and business partners while supporting, leading, developing, and enabling diverse teams including software engineers, product owners, business analysts, scrum master, and quality assurance. You enjoy leading people. You have worked in Agile and understand its value and the ceremonies.
You are also team-oriented and take a collaborative approach to working with others. With a flat leadership structure, the opportunity for flexibility within roles, and development into other areas is a core reason most people desire to work in Digital Experience at MassMutual.Objectives of this role
As a team leader, you will not only deliver new features on a regular cadence, you embrace value over velocity, strive to support teams to create great tools and services for customers, internal and external.Daily and monthly responsibilities
- Leading, coaching, managing, and development of all members of product-centric, cross-functional agile team
- Partnering and/or directing work completed by product-centric, cross-functional agile team to ensure it realizes its objectives and key results
- Working with subject matter experts and other stakeholders to perform business analysis, conduct customer research, and evaluate technical solutions to drive current and future product vision and roadmaps
- Working across the organization and with business stakeholders to resolve/communicate key issues, critical decisions, and priorities and manage expectations and delivery timelines
- Ensuring the team’s initiatives are aligned with strategy to deliver business value
- Analyzing the feasibility of, and developing requirements to support existing platforms and create new digital capabilities
- Planning and supporting business process to identify go to market strategies for new products and services
- Defining and driving user experience and technical design concepts, partnering with the Product Design team, Enterprise Architecture, Data Science, and other groups across Enterprise Technology & Experience
- Defining and executing new concepts in emerging platforms, including but not limited to artificial intelligence and voice applications
- Conducting competitive and market analysis and maintaining awareness of how strategies and tactics work in the marketplace
- Establishing and driving overall product strategy--developing corresponding program plans and roadmaps to support the product delivery
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, including the ability to effectively present complex information clearly and appropriately handle sensitive information
- Agile/SCRUM experience specifically in Story/Acceptance criteria development
- Extremely organized, detail-oriented individual who is capable of self-managing and multi-tasking in a fast-paced, demanding environment
- Proven ability to collaborate cross-functionally and influence outcomes
- Demonstrated ability to adapt to changing business priorities and a strong work ethic
- Endlessly curious in how emerging digital and technology trends can translate into excellent customer experiences
- Data-driven mindset, using quantitative tools and analyzing unstructured feedback to inform the development of solutions
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Finance, Business or a related field
- Authorized to work in the United States without sponsorship now or in the future
- 7 years experience working on any aspect of customer-facing digital products
- Direct management or leadership experience
- Experience collaborating with a team of software engineers with varying skill sets
- Entrepreneurial mindset with the ability to work in a rapid and iterative development environment
- Experience delivering mobile apps and app store ecosystems.
A career at MassMutual means you will work alongside exceptional people and be empowered to reach your professional and personal goals. Our employees are the foundation of what makes MassMutual a strong, stable and ethical business. We seek and value unique and varied perspectives and experiences because we believe we are stronger when all voices are heard. We invite you to bring your bright, innovative ideas to MassMutual as we continue to help millions of Americans rely on each other.
MassMutual is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer Minority/Female/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/Individual with Disability/Protected Veteran. We welcome all persons to apply. Note: Veterans are welcome to apply, regardless of their discharge status.