Deployment Program Manager at RightHand Robotics
Due to the current uncertainty surrounding COVID-19, most of our roles are on hold for the time being. We are re-evaluating day by day and would encourage any interested candidates to continue to apply. We look forward to resuming these conversations in the coming weeks.
At RightHand Robotics, we have a rapidly growing, and highly capable team building robotic piece-picking solutions and deploying them around the globe. Our product has to be reliable enough to run non-stop on production fleets of robots in the world’s largest warehouses. If you’re simultaneously excited and a bit terrified about what this could mean for you, good! If working hands-on with robots on a daily basis intrigues you, read on!
We are seeking a self-motivated Program Manager to join our Deployment team. Your primary responsibilities will be to manage the execution of multiple concurrent customer projects, which involves a combination of: working closely with customers and the RHR Solutions/Product team to translate customer needs into engineering requirements, driving and maintaining project timelines, identifying and mitigating program risks, finding creative solutions to deployment hiccups (both technical and social), and managing customer expectations.
You will have the opportunity to help create the foundation of our growing Deployment team. Outside of the Deployment team, you will join a diverse team with expertise spanning machine learning, software, mechanical, and electrical engineering, and can expect regular interaction with members across the team.
At RightHand Robotics, we have a tight-knit, rapidly growing, and highly capable engineering team building robotic piece-picking solutions and deploying them around the globe. Our product has to be reliable enough to run non-stop on production fleets of robots in the world’s largest warehouses. If you’re simultaneously excited and a bit terrified about what this could mean for you, good! If working hands-on with robots on a daily basis intrigues you, read on!
- Manage multiple high-stakes customer programs
- Manage project timelines, requirements, and deliverables, and know how to “influence without authority”
- Interface with engineering and business teams to manage delivery of customer requirements that have been translated into actionable technical requirements and milestones
- Get to the “why” behind customer questions to ensure that we focus on solving the core of their problems
- Ensure timely, accurate, and efficient communication about system performance between customers and RHR senior account managers, as well as RHR Solutions, Product, and Engineering teams
- Find creative solutions to deployment hiccups (both technical and non-technical ones)
- Travel 40-80% of the time
- Experience in core program management disciplines including activity scheduling, resource allocation, and risk management
- Strong organization and time management skills, with the ability to cope with fluctuating workloads and high-stress situations
- High attention to detail along with ability to prioritize conflicting requirements
- Ability to balance the needs and priorities of various stakeholders and plan for these needs with project planning
- Excellent written and verbal communication of technical and business concepts
- A passion (if not curiosity) for robotics
- Experience working in the supply chain and logistics industry (love warehouses? great!)
- A technical background (Computer Science, Mechanical Engineering, Electrical Engineering)
- Written and verbal communication fluency in any of the following languages: German, Japanese, Chinese (Mandarin)
Our perks include:
- Flexible vacation
- Generous premium coverage for medical and dental plans
- Robots, galore!
RightHand Robotics (RHR) is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We have an ongoing commitment to the creation of a workplace free of discrimination and harassment. RHR recruits, hires, trains, and promotes individuals in all job titles without regard to race, color, sex, religion, ancestry, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, physical or mental disability, pregnancy, veteran status, marital status, genetic information, height, weight, or any other status protected by federal, state or local law. At RHR, we are committed to a fair and equitable workplace where everyone is a respected and a valued member of the team.