Delivery Lead - Data Analytics at MassMutual
Since 1851, MassMutual’s commitment has always been to help people protect their families, support their communities, and help one another. This is why we want to inspire people to Live Mutual.
We’re people helping people. A career with us means you will work alongside exceptional people and be empowered to reach your professional and personal goals. Our employees are the foundation of
what makes MassMutual a strong, stable and ethical business. We seek and value unique and varied perspectives and experiences because we believe we are stronger when all voices are heard.
We invite you to bring your bright, innovative ideas to MassMutual as we continue to help millions of Americans rely on each other.
Together we’re stronger.
MassMutual continues to expand its data analytics capabilities and we are looking for an experienced and highly motivated individual with strong analytics background to join our Data Analytics team within
the Enterprise Technology Experience organization! Data plays a key role at MassMutual, and as such, our Data Analytics team plays a critical role in MassMutual’s success.
The ideal candidate is team-oriented, possesses excellent communication skills and is skilled in and champions Agile concepts and practices. Managing all facets of agile project delivery including
but not limited to, stakeholder relationships, work prioritization, sprint planning, scrum execution, team organization, project risk assessment, implementation and reporting.
What great looks like in this role
Our ideal Delivery Lead candidate is proficient in data management and has a strong analytical capability. The incumbent will utilize own skills to provide subject matter expertise and complete in-depth data analysis, which contribute to the strategic efforts of the team. Our Data Analytics team embodies a culture of working collaboratively, cross-functionally and using new technologies all in support of a culture of data driven decision making. The team culture combined with the work/life balance are among the core reasons people enjoy working at MassMutual.
Objectives of this role
- Successfully lead and manage all facets of agile project delivery including, but not limited to, stakeholder relationships, work prioritization, sprint planning, scrum execution, team organization
- Project risk assessment, implementation and reporting
- Primary point of accountability to business sponsors and other parties for Agile execution of multiple large projects or medium to large programs that support complex enterprise or strategic corporate goals and where scope is subject to change, contains high complexity and high degree of risk, a large number of resources, and complex organizational change issues.
- The project/program will span multiple IT and/or business areas. Projects / programs will be concurrent and/or overlap.
- Accountable to manage and monitor project tasks and controls during project planning and delivery activities to ensure continuous delivery of quality features within scope and budget.
- Work with a high degree of autonomy and applies industry leading project and program management knowledge, skills, tools and techniques to project deliverables, processes, communications and presentations in order to meet or exceed stakeholder needs and expectations.
Daily and monthly responsibilities
- Accountable to business sponsor(s) and management to drive delivery of quality solutions tied to clearly understood business problem(s) and benefit(s) (provides updates dates, targets, etc)
- Develop, manage, monitor and report on all project/program tasks, activities, expectations, controls and deliverables
- Apply, promote and contribute to Agile delivery methodologies, standards and tools
- Interacts regularly with executives and/or key customers to provide consultation, influence, resolve complex issues and provide insight into commitments, targets and progress
- Remain focused on big picture and prioritize competing responsibilities
- Develops high performing project teams, setting a positive tone and leading by example
- Proactively removes blocker/barriers enabling project team to complete objectives
- Drive and influence decisions
- Drive lessons learned and knowledge retention for future use
- Acts as an Agile mentor/coach to other Scrum Masters or any Agile role
- Bachelors degree
- 5 years of technical project management experience
- Knowledge of SQL and use in data access and analysis
- Understanding of BI tools like MicroStrategy or Tableau, or SSRS or Alteryx to perform data integration, data visualization, analytics and report development.
- Insurance or financial industry background
- Project leadership experience focused on engaging others in the delivery and execution of technical solutions
- Authorized to work in the United States with or without sponsorship now or in the future
- Master's degree
- 8 years of technical project management experience
- Basic knowledge of database technologies (Vertica, Redshift, etc.).
- Experience in one of the following business areas; Identity Access Management, Insurance Operations, Retirement Services Operations, Plan Administration, Record Keeping
- Experience managing projects in one or more of the following areas; Data Warehousing, Business Intelligence, Digital – including Mobile & Web technologies (React)