Delivery Lead - Cyber Security at MassMutual
We are seeking an experienced data science professional to lead all planning and delivery for the Cybersecurity and Fraud Analytics Portal. The Cybersecurity Analytics Portal will provide essential insights to support strategic decision making to ensure the security of both our enterprise and our customers’ trust. You will lead a cross functional team and all facets of agile project delivery including, but not limited to, stakeholder relationship management, strategic roadmap development, work prioritization, sprint planning, scrum execution, team organization. You will manage a delivery team of data analysts, reporting developers, business and data analysts.
- Strategically determine how data science and analytics will be used in cybersecurity at MassMutual
- Define and Drive program strategy and roadmaps for the development of cybersecurity and platforms analytics platforms and metrics
- Work cross-functionally with leaders across cybersecurity, fraud, data engineering and data governance to source and identify new data
- Project risk assessment, implementation and reporting
- Primary point of accountability to business sponsors and other parties for Agile execution of multiple large projects or medium to large programs that support complex enterprise or strategic corporate goals and where scope is subject to change, contains high complexity and high degree of risk, a large number of resources, and complex organizational change issues.
- Accountable to manage and monitor project tasks and controls during project planning and delivery activities to ensure continuous delivery of quality features within scope and budget.
- Accountable for reporting of progress and managing quality and compliance with SDLC controls
- Work with a high degree of autonomy and applies industry leading project and program management knowledge, skills, tools and techniques to project deliverable's, processes, communications and presentations in order to meet or exceed stakeholder needs and expectations.
Daily and monthly responsibilities - What your days and weeks will include.
- Accountable to business sponsor(s) and management to drive delivery of quality solutions tied to clearly understood business problem(s) and benefit(s) (provides updates dates, targets, etc)
- Develop, manage, monitor and report on all project/program tasks, activities, expectations, controls and deliverables
- Apply, promote and contribute to Agile delivery methodologies, standards and tools
- Interacts regularly with executives and/or key customers to provide consultation, influence, resolve complex issues and provide insight into commitments, targets and progress
- Remain focused on big picture and prioritize competing responsibilities
- Develops high performing project teams, setting a positive tone and leading by example
- Proactively removes blocker/barriers enabling project team to complete objectives
- Drive and influence decisions
- Drive lessons learned and knowledge retention for future use
- Acts as an Agile mentor/coach to other Scrum Masters or any Agile role
Required skills and qualifications - The qualifications that are needed for this role:
- Bachelors degree required, preferred in a technical designation/STEM field (CS, Engineering, etc…)
- Experience building and delivering data science solutions
- Knowledge of machine learning and advanced statistical analysis techniques
- 5 years of technical management experience
- Knowledge of SQL and use in data access and analysis
- Understanding of BI tools like MicroStrategy or Tableau, data visualization, analytics and report development.
- Insurance or financial industry background
- Project leadership experience focused on engaging others in the delivery and execution of technical solutions
- Authorized to work in the United States without sponsorship now or in the future
Preferred qualifications - Additional skills that make you a great fit:
- Master's degree
- 8 years of technical management experience
- Knowledge of database technologies (Vertica, Redshift, etc.).
- Experience with web and mobile digital analytics platforms and performance metrics (Looker, snowplow)
- Experience managing projects in one or more of the following areas; Data Warehousing, Business Intelligence, & Digital