Customer Success Project Manager at Tamr
Greater Boston Area
Sorry, this job was removed at 11:18 a.m. (EST) on Monday, August 26, 2019
Tamr is the enterprise-scale data unification company trusted by industry leaders like GE, Toyota, Thomson Reuters, and GSK. The company’s patented software platform uses machine learning supplemented with customers’ knowledge to unify and prepare data across myriad silos to deliver previously unavailable business-changing insights. With a co-founding team led by Andy Palmer (founding CEO of Vertica) and Mike Stonebraker (Turing Award winner) and backed by founding investors NEA and backed by founding investors NEA and GV, Tamr is transforming how companies get value from their data.
We are looking for someone who would enjoy defining the project implementation structure, and leading the projects to its successful implementation. This is not a management role, we are looking for someone that both likes to be in the field with customers but at the same time refine standards and shepherd teams shaping the work that would lead to on-time/on-the-money delivery .
Tamr Project Managers partner with our clients to deliver transformational business outcomes. Working with some of the largest companies around the world (Global 2000), our Project Managers pride themselves on not only building good relationships within the internal team, but also within the client teams. Our ideal Project Manager is organization guru, that has ability to command respect, but at the same time has capacity for processing myriads of dependencies and outline critical paths navigating around potential bottlenecks.
Challenges that make this job interesting:
- Ability to work in variety of project delivery environments.
- Exceptional understanding of estimation techniques, and in-depth understanding of differences between agile and waterfall methodologies.
- Manage and execute against project plans and delivery commitments.
- Manage the day-to-day activities of the implementation team within an Waterfall/Agile/Scrum environment without micromanaging.
- Ability to structure project plans mixing different approaches if necessary. Understanding that while customers may be using an agile delivery methodology, some of the implementations would require fixed deadlines.
- Engage in consistent, proactive client meetings ad partner with client’s project manager to effectively plan Tamr implementations.
- Partner effectively with internal teams on driving growth and addressing customer concerns efficiently and decisively
- Develop and maintain deep knowledge of both the Tamr product’s and our customers' specific use of the software
- Excel in face-to-face presentations.
- Fluency in using Microsoft Project or another project scheduling tool.
- Understanding the benefits of waterfall vs agile approaches.
- Strong analytic and strategic thinking required – be able to take complex project scheduling challenges and orchestrate resources and tactics to address them.
- Passionate about the results you and your teams deliver. Committed to service and support – seeks to achieve extraordinary results as part of a high energy and dynamic team
- Learn new industries, use cases, technology and offerings to align with customer needs.
- Assertive but empathetic in nature; able to drive internal and external customers toward strategic goals through a combination of persuasion and rapport
- Demonstrated success in Enterprise accounts, understands how large companies operate.
- Exceptional multi-tasking abilities and organization skills
- Detail-oriented with superior follow through – Build trust and credibility with customers by consistently delivering what you say you will
- Be able to travel up to 20% of the time to customer meetings. (Some international travel may be required, have your passport ready!)
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Certification in a formal project management methodology is a plus.
This position is available in Cambridge, MA or Washington D.C.. Must be US Citizens and must have, or be eligible for, a security clearance.
Tamr provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, marital status, amnesty, or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws.
Read Full Job Description