CS Strategy & Operations Project Manager at Toast
The Customer Success Team is a significant differentiator for Toast and the company is growing at a historic rate.
Our assignment in the CS StratOps Team is to uplevel our team through data analysis, technical tooling and operational best practices to ensure our team is efficient, effective and continues to delight our customers as we scale.
The CS Strategy & Operations PM will lead the full project lifecycle of high impact, cross functional process efficiency and customer experience initiatives, including: hardware and software implementations, workflow and process design upgrades, technical data migrations and new product/ services rollouts to help streamline, automate, and simplify processes. This is a hands-on position that requires strong skills in project management and change management across cross-functional stakeholders.
In this role you will:
- Perform end to end Project Management activities from project initiation & planning through execution & delivery, status reporting, risk & issue management, and client expectation management
- Work with the technical leads and project team members to document charters, requirements, identify resources, and develop detailed project and resource plans
- Manage scope, schedule, budget and dependency and ensure quality of project deliverables
- Identify issues and risks and work with project team to develop mitigation plans and provide timely escalation
- Facilitate stand-ups and provide regular transparency, status reports, and escalation of risks and issues impacting project delivery - deptly identify and resolve issues.
- Establish effective project communication plans for Internal and External Steering Committees and key stakeholders
- Maintain all documentation and ensure projects are highly visible and accessible in a centralized digital platform (Confluence/ JIRA)
- Conduct post project evaluation and identifying successful and unsuccessful project elements.
- Strong Project Management skills which includes experience in organizing, planning, and executing large-scale projects from vision through implementation, involving internal personnel, contractors, and vendors
- Excellent organizational and time management skills.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Detail oriented, able to multitask and meet deadlines
- Strong analytical, problem-solving, and conceptual skills
- Exceptional teamwork and interpersonal skills
- Strong change management skills and ability to influence decision makers
- Ability to communicate and persuade at all management levels and thrive in a cross-functional environment
- Experience with change management roll-outs & Process Gap Analysis.
- Roll-up-your sleeves attitude with an eagerness to work in the unpredictable operating environment of a fast growing company.
- Conceptual knowledge of information technologies and methodologies
- Action-oriented, "can do" attitude demonstrating willingness to accept accountability and responsibility for individual actions.
- 3+ years project management experience
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience.
- Basic understanding of Salesforce.com, telephony and integrated systems.
- Thorough understanding of project/program management techniques and methods - PMP/ Six Sigma a plus
- Preferred experience in consulting, operations, SaaS, customer success or multi-location management
- Business Partners: Business Systems, BI & Customer Marketing - Daily
- Front line managers, ICs & Enablement Teams - Daily
- CS & Toast Leadership - Weekly