Conversation Architect at Interactions
Interactions is changing the way businesses and consumers communicate by transforming frustrating experiences into productive conversations.
At Interactions, we have created an environment that is based on innovation, quick-thinking, and abundant growth opportunities. Our employees are smart, hard-working, and invested in the success of the company. We pride ourselves on our forward-thinking and innovation, and our ability to balance a start-up environment with a healthy work-life balance.
Working at Interactions is an opportunity to be part of the team that’s changing the way customer care is delivered.
Interactions is hiring a Conversation Designer to support the continued growth of our team. Our Conversation Designers play a primary role in ideation, creation, and evaluation of the conversational applications we build for our clients. Designers work on teams with project managers, developers, client services, and QA to deliver robust applications with excellent customer experience. We follow a rigorous user-centric design process and Designers act as advocates for the value of incorporating user feedback throughout the application lifecycle. Our Designers interact directly with clients to understand their goals and constraints, and propose and justify the best design solution, so strong communication skills and the ability to establish rapport are vital. The Designer’s core tasks include documenting functional requirements, defining the persona of the application, scripting prompts, participating in usability testing, and creating detailed design specifications. Through this work, the Designer becomes the authority on both the client and the solution we build during development, implementation, and ongoing support of the application. Our Designers are part of a collaborative, cooperative team who are actively engaged in improving our design practice and establishing thought-leadership in the conversation design community.
- Facilitate group discussions with stakeholders to understand business rules and document detailed functional requirements
- Create effective design documentation including sample dialogues, flows, intents, and prompts using Interactions’ suite of tools
- Research, create, and document a persona for the application that will best meet the needs of end users, boost automation, and help achieve client goals
- Recommend voice talents that fit the application persona, help clients make appropriate voice talent selections, and coach voice talent during prompt recording
- Participate in planning, running, and analyzing results from usability testing; advocate for the value of incorporating user feedback on project teams
- Take part in the design team’s peer-review process; provide constructive feedback to colleagues; gracefully accept feedback and use it to optimize design deliverables
- Present your design and justify design decisions to internal and clients teams
- Track, analyze, and report on the success of application deployments
- Provide design expertise to the sales team during opportunity assessment with prospective clients and to the product management team to support development of new products
- Actively participate in design team meetings, share learnings to contribute to growing the skills of the team and strengthen our design practice
- Post-pandemic travel (10-20%) as required for design engagement with clients during pre-sales, project kick-off, and design reviews
- Bachelor’s Degree
- Four to five years relevant experience
- Excellent spoken and written communication skills
- Demonstrated ability to work and communicate effectively with senior level executives