Construction Project Manager - Cambridge, MA
CIC is rapidly expanding locally, nationally, and internationally and is looking to expand the team to support this growth. This is an excellent opportunity for someone with at least three to four years of related experience working for a real estate management, construction, or development firm. If you are in search of an environment in which you can explore innovative approaches to managing construction projects and have a wide scope of responsibilities, this is the position for you.
GENERAL OVERVIEW OF RESPONSIBILITIES
• Oversee new multi-floor and multi-phase interior improvement projects and evaluate the construction requirements in new locations
• Manage all phases of major project development of interior improvement projects including planning, budgeting, construction, quality control, and budget management
• Act as Owner’s Representative in ensuring items of importance to CIC are included and implemented as necessary
• Coordinate design with in-house and external architecture teams
• Assist in new site evaluations and lease negotiations
• Interface and facilitate meetings with building owners, building managers, and staff to define project requirements
• Establish project work plans and deadlines
• Enhance existing tools for project management, as well as develop new ones
• Track progress of projects against goals, objectives, timelines, and budgets; generate reports on status; and monitor expenses to ensure they fall within the prescribed budget
• Negotiate and administer design and construction contracts
• Work closely with other functional areas of the organization, project contractors, internal team members, external collaborators, clients and suppliers
• Assist senior management on a wide range of facilities issues including building systems
• Coordinate in-house resources for building technology systems and furniture purchases and installation
• Handle other duties as needed and as appropriate
THE IDEAL CANDIDATE
The ideal candidate will:
• Thrive in a constantly changing, fluid, and fast-paced environment
• Thrive in a project and team-oriented environment while working independently
• Be flexible and understanding of change and have a willingness to share information and decisions with the CIC team
• Be a true team player with the capacity to foster and maintain positive working relationships with clients, colleagues, building management, and vendors, while treating everyone as your equal
• Not be afraid to ask for help when needed and proactively seek the information needed to make decisions
• Have the capacity and desire to develop tools to share knowledge and expertise with the CIC team
• Be imaginative and willing to develop innovative solutions to challenges
The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.The desired candidate will possess:
• A Bachelor's degree (BA/BS) from a four-year college or university and a minimum of three to four years of relevant experience
• Ability to travel (up to 20% on average)
• The ability to make effective presentations on general topics to an internal department, clients, and/or management
• The ability to read and interpret architectural plans
• Working knowledge of large-scale HVAC and energy management systems
• General knowledge of state and local building codes
• Knowledge of property management, contracts, budget development and tracking and construction practices
• An interest in a long-term role; we are a growing company, and we like to hire people who can grow with us over the years
• Ability to use Project Management software and one or more design products such as Google Sketch Up, CAD, or Revit desired
• Proficiency with applications and software such as Gmail, Gdocs, Excel, Word, and PowerPoint
• Experience working on projects in Cambridge and Boston, preferred, but not required
CIC’s mission is to improve the world by helping exceptional entrepreneurs innovate better and faster. We offer carefully curated working environments that combine private, secure offices alongside shared amenities in locations across Boston, Cambridge, Miami, Rotterdam, and St. Louis and are growing into other cities, within the US and abroad. We currently serve 1400+ startups, growth companies, and branches of larger organizations, representing for-profit, mission-driven, and non-profit sectors across a wide array of industries. We pride ourselves on displaying a high degree of care and accuracy in everything that we do, and we work to ensure that our clients thrive every day that they are in our space. We believe that our ability to support world-changing entrepreneurs is only as good as the people who make up our teams, and as such we are looking for people who are interested in contributing to--and improving--the way we work. We invite you to explore all our openings here, and learn more about us here.
ATTRACTIONS OF THE JOB
In addition to helping our clients achieve great things, we work to ensure that our employees are healthy and supported. Some of the benefits of being here include:
• Fun people in a dynamic space. We pride ourselves on finding driven and bright collaborators who are eager to lend their own unique skills to the team, as well as to our inspiring clientele. The number one reason CICers say they like working here is because of their colleagues!
• Personal growth. This is a great opportunity to learn and develop skills within the epicenter of the innovation community at a growing company
• Great benefits for full-time employees!
• Regular massages, access to a nursing room, secure bicycle parking, a game room, a gym, shower rooms with towels, stocked kitchens, and a host of discounts towards local business and well-being memberships
Compensation is commensurate with experience (please include salary expectations when you apply). Benefits include 100% of the cost of a premium healthcare and dental package and full payment of expenses covered by your deductible, long and short-term disability, life insurance, 401k matching after the first year of employment (must be 21+) and three weeks of vacation plus holidays from the start (more with seniority). Annual reviews with raises every year for those on track with strong performance.
CIC is committed to building teams that reflect the fabric of the cities we support. We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer and consider all qualified candidates regardless of race, color, ancestry, gender identity or expression, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, Veteran status, or any other legally protected status. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation please let us know.
Read Full Job Description