City Project Manager
Soofa is a seed-stage, leading IoT startup who is revolutionizing the way we communicate in cities. We develop technology like the Soofa Sign to help people take the pulse of their city and connect with each other in real time.
We are looking for a City Project Manager to bring more Soofa Signs into more cities and neighborhoods across the globe. You will manage complex, multi-stakeholder projects while carrying out pilots, creating use cases, and bringing markets to life. You will work at the cutting edge of policy, operations, and management to help urban communities flourish.
At Soofa, we enable city dwellers to co-create a thriving community. Join us!
- Be the face of Soofa, finding new city and real estate partners and nurturing existing relationships alongside Soofa’s VP of City Development
- Help us tell Soofa’s story by building compelling, measurable use cases in new markets and enhancing those in current markets
- Attend neighborhood, city council, and community development meetings across the U.S.
- Identify priority cities for Soofa’s expansion, including developing and managing a pipeline of 10-15 ongoing strategic city growth planning projects in unison
- Research and draft RFP/RFI responses
- Develop internal “playbooks” for best practices, including stakeholder maps, historic info on past projects, budgeting, mapping, and summarizing strategic priorities
- Constantly update databases and use Hubspot CRM to manage pipeline
- Account management, business development, consulting, or sales experience
- Proven ability to manage and deliver complex, multi-stakeholder projects from start to finish
- Experience creating, nurturing, and communicating a pipeline via dashboards and monthly reports
- Demonstrated commitment to hitting and exceeding metrics
- Familiarity with urban design and community planning
- A nuanced understanding of what it’s like to work with civic institutions, developers, and businesses of all types, and the ability to adjust your strategy accordingly
- The person people trust and are happy to see
- Ability to collaborate with a diverse group of stakeholders, gaining their trust, confidence, and respect, as well as the ability to build consensus among stakeholders with varying interests and objectives
- Patience—you are motivated by holistic, long-term growth, not instant gratification. You are comfortable with long sales cycles and multi-stakeholder deals that can last 1-2 years and involve over a dozen people
- Ability to rebound from setbacks and adversity when facing difficult situations or conversations—super resilient!
- A supremely organized human who excels at gently guiding others to become more organized themselves
Bonus Points For
- Experience working with local government (large and small cities, towns, and counties) and/or real estate developers
- Startup or marketplace experience
- Past experience in urban design, architecture, landscape architecture
- Experience with RFPs/RFIs/grant writing
- Experience with Hubspot
Perks of working with Soofa
- Dog-friendly office
- Unlimited PTO
- Free team lunches every Friday
- Work for one of Bostinno’s 2018 coolest companies
- Employee outings/events like ski trips, camping, Whiskey Wednesdays, etc.
- Strong company culture focused on working hard, playing hard, and caring about each other like a family