Business Systems Manager
Toast is a rapidly growing startup building the first all-in-one restaurant management software platform. Toast’s Android tablet based system helps restaurants operate more efficiently and connect with their customer base in new and innovative ways. We’re growing fast and have a customer base comprised of cafes, restaurants, bars and nightclubs across the country. We work hard and care about our customers’ success and we have a lot of fun doing it. As a startup, we move fast and have a lot of opportunity for career growth, so if you’re passionate about your work and want to be in a fun and growing industry, join us! You will be helping Toast to grow our business across the US and internationally.
As a Business Systems Manager you will manage a team administrators and developers responsible for providing technical solutions that meet the evolving business needs of the organization. You will collaborate with business stakeholders to scope and implement new technical initiatives, streamline, automate, and simplify processes and educate other employees on the effective use of the technologies and processes necessary for the business to operate.
This is a hands-on position that requires an understanding of a variety of technologies as well as a willingness and ability to learn new technologies.
As a Business Systems Manager you will:
- Manage the daily activity of business systems analysts and Salesforce admins, who interface with management and users
- Work with product ownership to manage and prioritize the team’s product backlog
- Facilitate release planning and capacity planning for team’s initiatives
- Drive and improve the practice of Business Analysis discipline. Identify, select and implement best practices and techniques to gather, document, streamline, and improve business processes and business rules.
- Mentor team members, identify/develop opportunities for individual growth, and set a positive example for working in a team environment.
- Provide leadership, activity planning, coordination and directions to complete team tasks, produce the required deliverables, track and resolve issues, and meet relevant project milestones.
Do you have the right ingredients?
- Strong Project Management Experience
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience
- Experience working in an Agile SCRUM environment
- Previous supervisory experience required
- Excellent organizational and time management skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Action-oriented, "can do" attitude demonstrating willingness to accept accountability and responsibility for individual actions.
- Experience with Salesforce.com or another CRM system is required
- Six Sigma Qualifications a plus
- Experience working with Jira