Associate Manager of Strategic Projects
Indigo is a company dedicated to harnessing nature to help farmers sustainably feed the planet. With a vision of creating a world where farming is an economically desirable and accessible profession, Indigo works alongside its growers to apply natural approaches, conserve resources for future generations, and grow healthy food for all. Utilizing beneficial plant microbes to improve crop health and productivity, Indigo’s portfolio is focused on cotton, wheat, corn, soybeans, and rice. The company, founded by Flagship Pioneering, is headquartered in Boston, MA, with additional offices in Memphis, TN, Research Triangle Park, NC, Sydney, Australia, Buenos Aires, Argentina, and São Paulo, Brazil. www.indigoag.com
The Corporate Development team is responsible for executing on key priorities identified by the CEO and executive leadership. These strategic priorities may include building out new, critical businesses within Indigo, assisting operational teams with setting and achieving targets, and meeting financing goals. Activities often involve developing and implementing high-level strategic plans, long-term organizational planning for new businesses, financial forecasting, setting and executing towards sales targets, developing end-to-end processes to ensure long-term business success, and building and managing teams to achieve Indigo executives.
The role of the Associate Manager, Strategic Projects is to support the Corporate Development capabilities. Responsibilities include maintaining, tracking, reporting on project status, and working cross functionally to develop project plans and schedules for key priorities/projects. We are looking for a highly organized candidate with a passion for project management. The Associate Manager, Strategic Projects will work cross functionally to achieve the best outcomes for Indigo and our partners.
- Partner with the CEO’s Chief of Staff, Key Business Leaders, and Functions to drive key priorities of the Indigo Enterprise
- Develop operational and execution-oriented project plans to manage execution on key priorities
- Establish rapport with key stakeholders to enable effective management of strategic projects
- Lead cross functional project team meetings with clear objectives to maintain alignment
- Develop & improve processes to enable efficient and scalable achievement of key priorities with support of manager
- Passion for project management and improving organizational capabilities with strong attention to detail.
- Demonstrate strong strategic and critical thinking skills.
- Exceptional resourcefulness in getting the job done.
- Set and maintain high standards for self.
- Possess strong EQ (interpersonal, communication and relationship building skills).
- Communicate both positive and negative issues in an open, direct, and straight-forward manner.
- Demonstrate a team-oriented style and strong work ethic.
- Demonstrate an appropriate balance of confidence and humility.
- Demonstrated ability to gain consensus working collaboratively and cross-functionally with internal and external parties.
- An ability to lead and energize a group towards an aggressive goal while maintaining good relationships
- Agile with the ability to deliver in a fast-paced environment
- Strong communication and presentation skills
- Able to draft first versions of presentations to support strategic initiatives with high quality
- Self-starter and ability to work with little guidance
- Ability to learn quickly and adapt to requirements to complete projects
- Strong interest in Indigo’s mission and helping company to execute to achieve goals
- Strong desire to learn and to develop skill sets
- Able to manage ambiguity and work on multiple workstreams simultaneously
- Takes ownership in work
- Highly organized and able to multitask
- Demonstrated ability to succeed in fast paced environments
- 2-5 years’ project management experience
- B.S. or M.S.
- Experience with MS Project or other similar tools
- Ability to work cross functionally in a positive and team-oriented way whether as a project lead or as a contributor
- Experience working with others, able to do so in a respectful and productive manner that helps develop others