At Hopper, we’re on a mission to make booking travel faster, easier, and more transparent. We are leveraging the power that comes from combining massive amounts of data and machine learning to build the world’s fastest-growing travel app -- one that enables our customers to save money and travel more. With over $235M CAD in funding from leading investors in both Canada and the US, Hopper is primed to continue its path toward becoming the go-to way to book travel as the world continues its shift to mobile.
Recognized as the fastest-growing travel app by Forbes and one of the world’s most innovative companies by Fast Company two years in a row, Hopper has been downloaded over 40 million times and has helped travelers plan over 100 million trips and counting. The app has received high praise in the form of mobile accolades such as the Webby Award for Best Travel App of 2019, the Google Play Award for Standout Startup of 2016 and Apple’s App Store Best of 2015.
Take off with us!
The Hopper Air Supply team is responsible for delivering the best airline fares and products to Hopper users. The Implementation Specialist will join a growing team focused on ensuring each of Hopper’s new and existing integrations with airline supply providers are built quickly and effectively to support our innovative product features and accommodate rapid scale. You will collaborate closely with product owners, engineers, account managers, analysts, customer support, and externally with Hopper’s technology partners including: airlines, GDS, aggregators and more.
Implementation Specialists take a lateral view of Hopper’s Air Business Unit, facilitating the swift development of products that rely on various types of airline content. They anticipate needs, provide strategic guidance, and configure and audit systems to ensure each new feature has access to the full breadth of airline content needed to deliver a meaningful and reliable product to our users.
In this role, you will:
- Work collaboratively to enable new types and sources of airline supply in new markets around the world
- Become an expert in Hopper’s backend systems infrastructure to diagram, explain, and diagnose supply functionality and interruptions
- Be responsible for completing pre-development technical configurations that enable access to systems and APIs, and post-development work to maintain and improve performance
- Translate technical considerations between engineers, product managers, customer support agents, and third-party suppliers
- Investigate, specify, and coordinate the implementation of supply enhancements
- Provide accessible subject matter expertise pertaining to fare types, fare rules, fare and schedule filing; shopping, booking, and ticketing procedures; and post-ticketing operations
- Resourcefully troubleshoot issues that arise from internal bugs and third-party changes and outages
- Be responsible for creating, documenting, and maintaining systems and processes fundamental to Hopper’s airline supply integrations
- Maintain a deep understanding of GDS systems, capabilities, and planned improvements to maximize Hopper’s value from each
- Work with team members and strategic partners distributed around the globe
A perfect candidate has:
- A passion for Hopper’s mission to build the most customer centric travel marketplace on Earth
- Experience with GDS, CRS, PSS, or other airline and travel industry systems, especially Sabre, Travelport GDSs, Amadeus, ARC, IATA, and BSPs
- Experience setting up, configuring, and maintaining PCCs/Office IDs is a huge plus
- Extreme attention to detail and technical depth to enable productive collaboration with world-class engineers and data scientists
- Exceptional ability to grasp, manage, and articulate complex systems
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in English (+Spanish preferred)
- A creative and detail-oriented approach to problem-solving
- A proactive, self-motivated work ethic
- Proven success analyzing data, drawing accurate conclusions, and adjusting strategy accordingly
- No ego. Dedication to doing what is right for the customer and the company
- Strong time management and prioritization abilities
- A customer-obsessed focus and positive, team-oriented attitude
- Excellent judgment and the confidence to make important trade-offs under pressure
- Aptitude to work in a dynamic, high-growth business that operates at a very fast pace
• Well-funded and proven startup with large ambitions, competitive salary and stock options
• Dynamic and entrepreneurial team where pushing limits is everyday business
• 100% employer paid medical, dental, vision, disability and life insurance plans
• Access to a 401k (US) or Retirement Savings Plan (Canada)
• Easy commute with a paid-for public transportation or parking pass
• IATA Travel Agent Card for discounts in the travel industry
• Fully stocked kitchen with: coffee/tea, beer, bagels and snacks (both healthy and not-healthy)
• Team lunches, offsite activities and much more!