VP of Product
As VP of Product at Panorama, you will be leading one of the fastest-growing, most-loved, and highest-impact products in education, backed by $32mm from top investors. You will drive long-term product vision and strategy, and build out our product organization to the next level, as we work to radically improve education and opportunity for kids. You are a strong fit if you are an experienced product leader who has thrived at fast-growing companies, with hard product challenges.
Today, more than 400 school systems serving three million students use Panorama to ensure that each child is getting the support they need, so that more students succeed in school, graduate, and go on to college. Panorama helps educators monitor how students are doing across academics, attendance, behavior, and college readiness, and then coordinate action to support each child. Panorama’s platform also helps educators get data about non-academic factors that are key to each child’s success in school and in life, such as social-emotional skills, safety, teacher-student relationships, and family engagement. Panorama has raised $32mm led by Emerson Collective as well as Spark Capital, Owl Ventures, SoftTechVC, and the Chan Zuckerberg Initiative.
About the role:
In this role, you will lead our product vision, strategy, and execution as we build Panorama into the central platform powering education, one that teachers, principals, district leaders, and families use daily as an essential partner in helping their students thrive. You are excited about the challenge of building a product to radically improve education -- and by the enormous impact on kids that success will bring.
We are a product-centric company, and a core part of your role will be growing the product organization to the next level, including hiring, talent development, product development practices and culture, user research, and cross-functional collaboration. Today, our product team consists of two product managers (we expect the team will grow significantly in 2018+), who work closely with our nineteen-person engineering and design team, and our CEO. The VP of Product will serve on Panorama’s Leadership Team and report to the CEO.
We are excited for candidates who have “been there, done that” and are eager to take this journey again, as well as product leaders with significant experience for whom serving as Panorama’s VP of Product is the next leap in their career. K-12 education experience is not necessary - we have built a diverse Leadership Team with experience across industries - but a passion for improving education will be important for your success.
- Led (or key leader in) a product organization with at least 4-15+ PMs working with 25-100+ engineers and designers, at a product-centric company
- Built and scaled a fast-growing product function, rising to new challenges across multiple inflection points, including developing the right culture and practices at each stage
- Developed and executed long-term product strategy, in close collaboration with other executives
- Experience bringing new products to market
- Obsessive about understanding users and markets, with experience building a product org to match
- Experience building a data-driven, impact-focused product organization, with a culture of experimentation and building toward outcomes (over just shipping features)
- Strong eye for product quality and product design, and building an organization that deeply values both
- Inspiring leader and highly effective communicator
- Talented people manager
- Passionate about education (education experience a plus but not necessary)
Panorama Education is dedicated to building a diverse and inclusive company because we serve students, educators and families from tremendously diverse backgrounds and identities across the country; we’ve seen how our product and impact are strengthened the more we reflect that diversity. In addition, we have found (and we believe the research) that diverse teams are higher-performing, and we embrace the varied perspectives that our team members share with each other.