Technical Product Manager at MineralTree
Voted as one of the top companies to work for by Built in Boston in 2020, MineralTree is disrupting the accounting industry by enabling over 1,500 companies to improve operational efficiency with AP Automation. With our award-winning solution, companies such as the Boston Celtics, Appalachian Mountain Club, EverQuote, Baltimore Ravens and Attivio have shifted accounts payable from a source of inefficiency and fraud risk to a secure and strategic profit center that provides deep visibility into the cost drivers of the business. MineralTree sells its solution directly to customers and through value-added partners consisting of financial institutions, payment processors, and credit card providers.
We are a close-knit organization where everyone is working toward a common goal and where all contributions matter. With passion, teamwork and a good dose of humor, we drive toward challenging goals. We’re looking for high-energy individuals who are ready to learn and take ownership of their career growth. This is an opportunity to join an early-stage company led by an experienced management team with a track record of building successful companies. Located right down the street from the Alewife MBTA station in Cambridge, the office is easily accessible from both Route 2 and the MBTA Red Line.
This team builds business critical platforms and services that enables MineralTree to run our services reliably at scale, and provides MineralTree with forward-looking tech stack components that take advantage of modern technologies. We’re looking for a teammate who is resourceful, dedicated, and passionate about solving challenging problems. This role is for someone who loves diving into the technical details while also driving the overall strategy. We need a creative and resourceful individual who will actively listen for problems and then accelerate the team towards solving.
- Know our markets and the unique needs of each (direct customers, partners and payment providers, financial institutions). Understand the industries we serve and understand our competitors, accounting systems, and payment rails that MineralTree works with
- Product Manager for a platform services team consisting of 4-6 engineers
- Write epics and detailed user stories for the engineering, QA, and design teams to fully understand the scope of functionality and business drivers, so they can estimate and deliver with quality
- Document use cases, requirements and stories focused on model-driven design architecture
- Facilitate and work in an Agile environment with daily stand-ups, weekly grooming and planning sessions
- Prioritize features and define requirements for successful delivery
- Dig into details and figure things out from detailed business logic to a high level technical perspective
- Turn high level ideas and requirements into technical specifications
- Effectively communicate and collaborate with all groups in the organization over the entire product development lifecycle from requirements gathering to release to rollout training
- Monitor performance of your product(s) and measure impact of product enhancements; communicate impact clearly across the organization and use to drive prioritization
- Educate internal teams on new functionality while driving communication, training, and support for products
- BA/BS or equivalent experience 2-4 years of Product Management experience, or experience in a similar role (API or Technical Product experience)
- Experience working directly with software engineering teams to build product in an Agile environment Experience owning and delivering SaaS products
- Some light programming experience or general technical aptitude
- Experience with Accounts Payable processes and/or accounting systems is a plus
- Knowledge of payment systems and rails (check, ACH, credit card, etc.) is a plus
- Ability to work autonomously with a balanced team approach, you don't need to wait for directions, but know when buy-in is critical
- Ability to read if/else statements, JSON, and basic API documentation
- Dynamic problem solving skills and a love for figuring out solutions
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment, managing multiple products and projects simultaneously Passionate about building meaningful, intuitive products
- Commitment to continuous development of product expertise and technical knowledge
- The ability to write clear, concise internal product specifications, external communications and training materials
As a MineralTree employee, you’ll enjoy a competitive salary commensurate with the position, benefits for your peace of mind such as a BCBS sponsored medical & dental insurance and life & disability insurance. Start saving for retirement using our 401k plan through ING/Voya. We motivate you to be a continuous learner and believe in making investments in you by providing tuition reimbursement. Talented people tend to hang together and we want you to shout it from the rooftops about how great it is to work at MineralTree so we give you the opportunity to earn significant employee referral bonuses. While we work hard, we also know you need to recharge your batteries, so we provide unlimited (yes unlimited) vacation time.