Technical Product Manager
Voted as one of the top companies to work for by Built in Boston in 2018, MineralTree is disrupting the accounting industry by enabling over 1,500 companies to improve operational efficiency with AP Automation. With our award-winning solution, companies such as the Boston Celtics, Appalachian Mountain Club, EverQuote, Baltimore Ravens and Attivio have shifted accounts payable from a source of inefficiency and fraud risk to a secure and strategic profit center that provides deep visibility into the cost drivers of the business. MineralTree sells its solution directly to customers and through value-added partners consisting of financial institutions, payment processors, and credit card providers.
We are a close-knit organization where everyone is working toward a common goal and where all contributions matter. With passion, teamwork and a good dose of humor, we drive toward challenging goals. We pride ourselves on our collaborative nature and always put the team above the individual. We’re looking for high-energy individuals who are ready to learn and take ownership of their career growth. This is an opportunity to join an early-stage company led by an experienced management team with a track record of building successful companies. Located right down the street from the Alewife MBTA station in Cambridge, the office is easily accessible from both Route 2 and the MBTA Red Line.
As a Technical Product Manager you will be responsible for researching, designing and managing product roadmap initiatives, including new feature functionality, accounting system integrations and customer issues in collaboration with product management leadership. This position will be responsible for analyzing market trends and competitor activity to develop an intimate knowledge of the customer base. The position contributes to product development artifacts and collaborates deeply with engineering and QA teams to define and scope deliverables. The Technical Product Manager aligns product development with marketing and support activities, contributing documentation needed for such communications.
- Know our markets and the unique needs of each (direct customers, partners and payment providers, financial institutions). Understand the industries we serve and understand our competitors, accounting systems and payment rails that MineralTree works with
- Work alongside UX Design to write detailed product requirements and provide product management support to Engineering teams during the development and QA cycles
- Manage relationships and integrations with the partners that make up MineralTree’s workflow and payment ecosystem
- Educate internal teams on new functionality while driving communication, training and support for products
- Interact with current and prospective customers to understand their AP processes and the way they use their accounting systems to design solutions that scale with their growing needs
- Create reports and analyze business data to understand usage trends and product gaps
- Assist support and development teams in researching, troubleshooting and diagnosing select customer issues. Document solutions and manage bug fix release cycles
- Assist the sales team on complex deals that require deep product, accounting system and process knowledge
- BA/BS or equivalent experience
- One to Three years of Product Management experience, or experience in a similar role
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment, managing multiple products and projects simultaneously
- Passionate about building meaningful, intuitive products
- Commitment to continuous development of product expertise and technical knowledge
- The ability to write clear, concise internal product specifications, external communications and training materials
- Excellent project management, organizational and time-management skills
- Experience with Accounts Payable processes and/or accounting systems is a plus
- Knowledge of payment systems and rails (check, ACH, credit card, etc.) is a plus
- Technical competence and familiarity with SQL is a plus
As a full-time MineralTree employee, you’ll enjoy a competitive salary commensurate with the position, benefits for your peace of mind such as a BCBS sponsored medical & dental insurance and life & disability insurance. Start saving for retirement using our 401k plan through ING/Voya. We motivate you to be a continuous learner and believe in making investments in you by providing tuition reimbursement. Talented people tend to hang together and we want you to shout it from the rooftops about how great it is to work at MineralTree so we give you the opportunity to earn significant employee referral bonuses. While we work hard, we also know you need to recharge your batteries, so we provide unlimited (yes unlimited) vacation time.