Technical Product Manager, Merchandising Systems
Chewy is seeking a Technical Product Manager of Merchandising Systems to join our growing team in Boston, MA. Chewy’s mission is to empower pet parents to make smarter decisions about products for their pets. We do that by making the industry transparent through artificial intelligence and data. As a part of that mission, the Merchandising Engineering team builds platforms to capture competitive intelligence, maintain the product catalog, pricing and promotions platform. The Merchandising engineering teams are responsible for their highly scalable platforms catered to support Chew’s explosive growth.
About the Role
Reporting directly to the Director of Software Engineering, the Technical Product Manager of Merchandising Systems will partner closely with the business and engineering teams, be responsible for the Product Catalog, Price & Promotions roadmap. This role has significant growth opportunity to own and drive our platforms. This role is integrated with a development team focused on building our Merchandising platforms and innovating the process and development strategies to support Chewy’s explosive growth in customers, sales, and team expansion. As a platform owner, the technical product manager is responsible for building a vision for the product, gathering and prioritizing requirements from stakeholders, and maintaining the application support structure which means getting in the trenches and participating in activities across the board.
The team will build products to track competitor prices and assortment, build models to establish product elasticity, create a price and promotions management system.
What you'll do:
- Own the implementation, enhancement and support of Chewy’s Product Catalog, Pricing & Promotions platform.
- Research industry best practices for various initiatives within Ecommerce Merchandising world.
- Define requirements which meet business needs.
- Set priorities for the development team.
- Coordinate with business stakeholders and continuously make sure your team is delivering according to the constantly growing needs of the business.
- Work with engineering team to resolve bottlenecks to help deliver final system deliverables.
- Coordinate activities across different organizational functions for initiatives
- Review and report on progress for initiatives/projects, managing project risks - including the development of contingency plans
- Own the final system deliverables and the overall roadmap for your area of responsibility.
- Measure, report and continuously improve scrum team’s effectiveness via mentoring and coaching.
- Manage relationships with vendors, oversee all vendor engagements (including day-to-day support, service tickets and ad-hoc consulting services) for your area of responsibility.
What you'll need:
- 3+ years of Technical or Product experience
- Technical savvy, including hands-on knowledge/skill of system integration, databases and business intelligence
- Agile experience (Scrum Master, Product Owner)
- Ability to perform business requirements analysis and design
- Excellent communication and organization skills
- Capability to identify and mitigate development and implementation risks
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Operations Management or Business Administration or equivalent experience
- Position may require occasional travel
- Prior roles in Ecommerce or in technology companies
- Strong background on working in scaled ecommerce projects
- Experience in Merchandizing platforms