Car shopping is complicated. At CarGurus, we use data and technology to make it simple, giving people the tools they need to confidently find, buy, finance, or sell a car. The best part? Our work makes a real impact. We’re the most-visited car-shopping site in the US and we are growing fast in our international markets. Ready to come along for the ride?
As CarGurus prepares for its next phase of growth, we are looking to modernize our technology and systems to fuel our ability to innovate, move quickly and stay ahead of the competition. The Product Management team is looking for a Technical Product Manager to partner with engineering stakeholders to support a large-scale program that aims to improve foundational issues within our current tech stack.
The TPM will be part of a small team of dedicated product managers who enable developers to deliver products that contribute towards the success of the entire engineering organization. This role will require strong relationship building skills, as well as the ability to communicate and collaborate effectively with technical teams.
What you’ll do
- Gain a deep understanding of our tech stack and the unique challenges we face as a rapidly growing company
- Develop a project roadmap and drive alignment on priorities with engineering leadership
- Research and speak to other top tech companies to understand best practices in building highly scalable and flexible technology systems
- Maintain a high level of engagement in technical minutiae to define project requirements, assess dependencies/risks, and track project milestones and KPIs
- Establish processes and norms to enable deeper collaboration and communication across teams
- Create program documentation; distill technical details into a business-facing format to communicate updates to senior leadership
Who you are:
- 5+ years of product management experience, 2+ years working with technical teams
- Understanding of developer culture and a passion for learning about the details of our internal systems
- Persuasive communicator & facilitator, specifically in regard to driving technical projects
- High emotional intelligence and ability to bring people together across varying personality types and work styles
- Tenacious self-starter with the ability to work independently
- Excellent communication skills (technical writing experience a plus)
- Highly curious with the desire to move fast and think big
- Analytical and a creative problem-solver
- Good sense of humor and likes working in an unstructured, fast-paced environment
At CarGurus, we invest in our people’s professional growth with everything from learning and development programs to tuition reimbursement. Want to work on projects that expand your skill set without sacrificing your work/life balance? You got it. We also strive to provide perks and benefits that employees actually care about like free lunch, commuter subsidies, and more. That includes equity in the company—our way of showing that we want you here for the long haul.
We work hard every day to build the world’s most trusted and transparent automotive marketplace, but trust and transparency don’t just apply to our consumers. They extend to our talent, too. We aim to create a workplace where everyone feels they can bring the ultimate expression of themselves and their potential—where you don’t just fit, you thrive. We don’t discriminate based on race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability, veteran status, gender identity, or sexual orientation.
In addition to the US, CarGurus operates sites in Canada and the UK. We have offices in Cambridge, MA; Detroit, MI; Dublin, Ireland; San Francisco, CA and London, UK. Check out our careers page to learn more.