Talent Optimization Senior Consultant at The Predictive Index
The Predictive Index is a technology company and the leader in talent optimization. We are also an award-winning best place to work (Inc., Glassdoor, Boston Business Journal, The Boston Globe).
Our mission is “Better work, better world," and we take great pride in PI’s power to supercharge workplace relationships and culture to achieve the unthinkable. We’re our own best case study! You’ll be working toward a mission that inspires you and you’ll be surrounded by fun, smart, driven people day in and day out.
There’s a reason more than 8,000 companies—including Drift, the LA Clippers, Hugo Boss, DocuSign, and Nissan—trust PI to help them hire top talent, design winning teams, and develop leaders at every level. Come discover how we empower our clients to solve their biggest challenges and make their business dreams come true.
As a Talent Optimization Senior Consultant, you will use a combination of the PI methodology and tools, consulting and facilitation skills to work with directly with clients and to coach PI’s internal teams and PI’s partners to consult on Talent Optimization strategic business solutions.
For PI Clients, you are a “transformation coach” who is:
- An independent expert providing objective perspectives and guidance grounded in data and experience
- A program manager and problem-solver, driving rigorous follow-up
- An accountability partner
You will primarily deliver executive sessions, such as strategy & design executive workshops and Employee Experience executive sessions, as well as workshops and trainings with executive teams. Such engagements are typically significantly shorter than consulting projects, but you may also help clients plan and deliver comprehensive Talent Optimization & transformation projects spanning weeks or months with multiple coaching, project planning, and working sessions.
You’ll work closely with team members and leaders across PI business units, and particularly with Product Manager and with the Partner Success Team, to deliver value to PI clients and constantly refine the impact of PI professional services.
In this role you’ll get to:
- Support business development efforts, including proposals and client presentations
- Serve as a trusted advisor, trainer, coach and co-facilitator for PI staff and partners for Talent Optimization consulting engagements
- Apply data analytics and systems thinking to assess the business impact of proposed Talent Optimization solutions
- Translate client data into insights and present meaningful and impactful stories
- Scope projects to deliver high-quality engagements and solutions
- Drive cross-functional collaboration to develop PI consulting best practices, and foster marketing and sales strategies; serve as a subject matter expert for the development and improvement of services as part of PI solutions.
- Build on client engagement learnings and feedback to lead or support the continued evolution, and design and development of Talent Optimization solutions to enable clients to realize the full potential of their business strategy
As an experienced professional, you will have multiple opportunities for continuous learning in a new and fast-growing category, blending consulting and leading-edge software tools including AI.
You will have the chance to materially impact your clients’ performance and help them solve their most pressing business challenges.
We are looking for people who:
- Are independent, self-starting, self-motivated, and goal-oriented
- Enjoy working in a variety of client projects
- Are comfortable with ambiguity
- Have strong analytical skills and can rapidly identify key challenges and questions in any business situation
- Think outside the box to develop solutions, and apply rigor to their execution
- Develop simple and pragmatic solutions
- Weigh opportunities and risks and can adjust their risk profile to circumstances
- Have empathy and strong listening and interpersonal skills
- Are persuasive and assertive to get to solutions and results
- Are highly collaborative and open to multiple perspectives, both with clients and with their own colleagues
- Thrive in agile, ship to learn, and growth team environments
The ideal candidate will have:
- A demonstrated track record in consulting/coaching clients on business strategy, operational improvements, organization design, change management or human capital, preferably with small and medium-sized businesses
- Strong understanding of talent related challenges (e.g. leadership development, teams, engagement, personal development)
- Strong Project Management and analytical skills
- Outstanding ability to analyze client data and to understand their operating and competitive environment to conceive, plan, and successfully deliver compelling consulting solutions with measurable business impact
- Executive presence and the ability to facilitate and build consensus with client leadership teams on their company’s talent strategy and implementation plans
- Demonstrated ability to communicate effectively and persuasively at all levels
- Self-starter and autonomous, ability to work independently, prioritize and get things done
- Strong prioritization and decision-making skills in a tight-deadline environment.
- Ability to learn quickly and adapt to new tools and techniques.
- Readiness to travel, primarily within the US.
The Predictive Index is primarily based in Westwood, MA, but this position also has the flexibility to work in a Boston-area office or remotely from anywhere in the US.
Just as our employees are threads in the cultural fabric of PI, THREADS is our framework for understanding our core values.
- Teamwork: Focus on the “we,” not the “me.”
- Honesty: Follow your moral compass.
- Reliability: Be someone others can count on.
- Energy: Be balanced, be energized.
- Action: Errors of action are better than errors of inaction. Be brave.
- Drive: Own it.
- Scope: Don't try to boil the ocean.
The Predictive Index participates in E-Verify. E-Verify is an Internet-based system that compares information from an employee's Form I-9, Employment Eligibility Verification, to data from U.S. Department of Homeland Security and Social Security Administration records to confirm employment eligibility.
The Predictive Index is an Equal Opportunity Employer.