Chewy is seeking an Staff Technical Product Manager to join the Discovery Product Team in Boston, MA or Bellevue, WA. In this role, you will unleash the power of data to help pet parents keep their pets happy, healthy, and active. Even if our customers don’t know exactly what they’re looking for, sniffing it out is our problem, not theirs. We meet our pet parents and animal caretakers where they are with products, information, and services tailored to their needs. You will be responsible for providing program planning and management for an established roadmap of features and experiments. Using your industry expertise, you will drive and improve the quality of the shopping experience Chewy provides to pet parents.
What You’ll Do:
- Determine and define clear milestones, roles, and responsibilities for staff members in the programs you own.
- Coordinate projects that have cross-functional impacts and involve engagement by multiple engineering teams.
- Hold regular technical team meetings to assess progress and unblock engineering efforts.
- Identify, communicate, and resolve risks and blockers. Ensure wide visibility through effective status reporting.
- Research, evaluate, and define best practices for project management within the organization.
- Exhibit a strong sense of ownership and superior communication skills.
- Collaborate with product management, user experience, and engineering resources for program components to deliver results against requirements and defined measures of success for new features and enhancements.
- 8+ years of experience, 5+ in technical program management.
- MBA or advanced degree in a related technical field.
- Excellent time management and organizational skills and experience establishing guidelines in these areas for others.
- Experience working in a high-level collaborative environment and promoting a teamwork mentality.
- Position may require travel
- Professional Project Management Certification from accredited institution
- Familiarity with search relevance, machine learning, taxonomy, and/or data-driven modeling for eCommerce
- Demonstrated passion for digging into details to resolve customer pain points
- Fluency in SQL and/or Tableau
If you have a disability under the Americans with Disabilities Act or similar law, or you require a religious accommodation, and you wish to discuss potential accommodations related to applying for employment at Chewy, please contact HR at chewy dot com