Soofa is the neighborhood news feed that connects a community with screens everyone can see and anyone can use. We're a woman-founded MIT startup with a mission to make cities smart, social, and sustainable.
Join the Product team at Soofa, where we have designed an incredibly powerful platform from the ground up for making cities more equitable, social, and accessible. You will tackle hard problems here—for our customers, our company, and our partners—and you will get to see the light in their eyes when you do it. We are a tightly knit strike team who is passionate about 'moving the needle' with innovative technology, making data-driven decisions, and pushing the boundaries of our expertise. We get to wrestle with cutting-edge technology spanning multiple disciplines all day long— the Internet of Things, electronic paper, solar power generation and storage, proprietary sensing methodologies, AND MORE!
Remote applicants (U.S.-based only) welcome.
Soofa is for people with a shared stake in a special place. Join us!
As the most senior Product Manager on the team, you will help guide the evolution of not only our media product (digital and sponsorship-based advertising in OOH), but our future as an organization. You will bring your expertise and build processes we don't have—your way. You are passionate and opinionated, and we will empower you to be successful and impactful. And if you have your eyes set on a leadership role, this is the way to get there.
- Build a deep understanding of customer perspectives and specific needs our team can serve
- Develop a product roadmap that prioritizes high-impact customer solutions and contributes to key company goals
- Continuously capture insights from customer feedback, experiments, research, and analysis to iterate on the roadmap and improve the product. Transform visionary ideas and direct user feedback into actionable, delightful new experiences and enhancements
- Define metrics and KPIs for the features your team builds, then measure the impact of product releases and use data to inform the roadmap
- Empower the organization, especially Customer Support and Sales, with training and support materials for product release
- Act as customer-to-engineer translator, clearly documenting features and functionality in a way that can be easily consumed and built by developers
- Become a trusted advocate and product resource for product initiatives
- Analyze and report on key product initiatives to executives, product teams, and other key stakeholders
- 4+ years' experience in building and shipping platform products resulting in significant business impact
- Deep experience with experimentation (A/B testing, beta testing, etc.)
- Agile methodology experience
- You’ve completely owned a project from start to finish and knocked it out of the park!
- Experience creating product roadmap(s) from conception to launch, driving product vision, defining go-to-market strategy and leading design discussions
- Passionate about bringing clarity into the product. Ambiguity doesn’t scare you
- Strong understanding of how to work effectively with engineering leadership and engineering teams directly
- Passion for how the work gets done as much as the work itself
- Ability to build alignment across multiple teams and stakeholders
- Ability to tailor your communication to any audience
- Comfortable facilitating meetings and ensuring all voices in the room are heard
Bonus Points For
- Experience at a startup
- Experience in the smart cities space
- Experience in the media/advertising space, especially OOH
- Experience with a hardware product
Perks of Working with Soofa
- Best of both worlds: Soofa’s Cambridge HQ is open, safe, and compliant for anyone who wants to use it; or, work from home
- Generous healthcare, dental, and parental leave packages
- Free short- and long-term disability and life insurance
- Unlimited PTO
- Dog-friendly office
- Virtual team events
- Company culture focused on talent development and caring personally
Soofa is an Equal Opportunity Employer that does not discriminate on the basis of race, creed, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, age, disability or handicap, sex, marital status, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, pregnancy or pregnancy-related condition, genetic information, arrest record, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local laws. Soofa is dedicated to this policy with respect to recruitment, hiring, placement, promotion, transfer, training, compensation, benefits, employee activities, and general treatment during employment.