Car shopping is complicated. At CarGurus, we use data and technology to make it simple, giving people the tools they need to confidently find, buy, finance, or sell a car. The best part? Our work makes a real impact. We’re the most-visited car-shopping site in the US and we are growing fast in our international markets. Ready to come along for the ride?
The Product Management team is looking for a Sr. Technical Product Manager to partner with our Analytics/Data Engineering teams as we evolve our data strategy to drive critical initiatives that will fuel our ability to innovate, move quickly, and stay ahead of the competition. You will be part of a small team of product managers who collaborate closely with internal stakeholders to deliver products and systems that directly impact the success of the entire engineering organization.
What you’ll do
- Work closely with each of the sub-teams within the Analytics Engineering organization to support their unique roles in the analytics ecosystem at CarGurus
- Gain a deep understanding of our analytics stack and data architecture
- Co-own the team’s vision and roadmap; generate buy-in and facilitate cross-functional collaboration with a wide range of technical stakeholders.
- Ensure that prioritization of projects align with high-level strategies and business objectives.
- Maintain high levels of engagement with stakeholders through various forms of written and verbal communication, including project plans, status reports, and executive presentations.
Who you are:
- 5+ years of product management experience, 2+ years working with analytics eng teams
- Understands developer culture and has a passion for improving complex, internal systems
- High emotional intelligence and ability to bring people together across varying personality types and work styles
- Tenacious self-starter with the ability to work independently, particularly in a highly cross-functional or matrixed environment
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
Research shows that while men apply to jobs when they meet an average of 60% of the criteria, women and other marginalized folks tend to only apply when they check every box. So if you think you have what it takes, but don't necessarily meet every single point on the job description, please still get in touch. We'd love to have a chat and see if you could be a great fit.
At CarGurus, we invest in our people’s professional growth with everything from learning and development programs to tuition reimbursement. Want to work on projects that expand your skill set without sacrificing your work/life balance? You got it. We also strive to provide perks and benefits that employees actually care about like free lunch, commuter subsidies, and more. That includes equity in the company—our way of showing that we want you here for the long haul.
We work hard every day to build the world’s most trusted and transparent automotive marketplace, but trust and transparency don’t just apply to our consumers. They extend to our talent, too. We aim to create a workplace where everyone feels they can bring the ultimate expression of themselves and their potential—where you don’t just fit, you thrive. We don’t discriminate based on race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability, veteran status, gender identity, or sexual orientation.
CarGurus employees in the US can choose to work from home / remotely for the duration of 2021, or participate in a phased return to our beautiful office spaces. We expect most roles to be in-office at least 3 days a week beginning January 2022. In addition to the US, CarGurus operates sites in Canada and the UK. We have offices in Cambridge, MA; Detroit, MI; Dublin, Ireland; San Francisco, CA and London, UK. Check out our careers page to learn more.