As a Product Owner in our Products team you will define, prioritize, and evaluate the work generated by an Engineering Scrum team to optimize the business value delivered by the team. You will work with subject matter experts at our customers and within Vestmark to develop the user stories for product enhancements and oversee product enhancements throughout the development lifecycle.
- Take lead of Scrum teams as the Product Owner
- Elicit business requirements through discussions with customers and internal teams and analyzing current and desired business processes
- Work with clients and internal stakeholders to develop user stories to meet business requirements
- Maintain a ready, prioritized product feature backlog and provide subject matter expertise for the Scrum team.
- Work closely with Product Management to create and maintain a product backlog according to business value
- Work with the Scrum Master to mitigate impediments impacting successful team completion of Release/Sprint Goals
- Present business requirements and proposed solutions internal and externally
- Support the successful delivery of enhancements throughout the product lifecycle by providing subject matter expertise to customers and internal Vestmark teams
Required Experience and Skills:
- 5+ years’ experience as a Product Owner or Business Analyst with knowledge of Agile process and principles
- Outstanding communication, presentation, and leadership skills working with customers and internal teams.
- Excellent organizational and time management skills
- Sharp analytical and problem-solving skills
Desired Experience and Skills:
- Financial industry knowledge, particularly in the areas of portfolio management, portfolio accounting, or trading operations
- Familiarity with the data associated with the processing of securities, transactions, and positions of either retail or institutional portfolios
- Experience with software delivery
- Enterprise software company experience or experience in a professional services organization delivering enterprise software used by financial services organizations
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Strong and effective customer service skills
- Bright with a high degree of initiative to learn and work collaboratively to solve problems
- Do what it takes attitude, displaying positive energy even in challenging situations
Vestmark is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. Vestmark prohibits employment discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, gender identity, sex, sexual orientation, pregnancy, national origin, age, disability status, protected military or veteran status, and genetic information.