Why You Should Join the Marketing Team
The marketing team is special — a collection of powerful misfits, passionate doers, creative strategists and insatiable dreamers. We’re looking for people nothing like us to make our diverse group more diverse and broaden our collective thought.
Our customers aren’t simply special. To us, they are our lifeblood. They are entrepreneurs. Parents. Providers. They put their livelihood on the line every day to make their dreams come true. Our customers are inspired and inspiring. We have helped over 60,000 of them grow and yet we have millions more people to serve and work to do to get there.
Specifically, we want someone who will help us shape the future of our product, market, and business as a Senior Product Marketing Manager. This role is a product marketer’s dream — you’ll be answering the big questions, working directly with senior leadership on strategy and turning that into outcomes that will affect the entire company and its growth.
If you want the opportunity to shape the business that helps entrepreneurs all over the world grow, this job is for you.
How You'll Make a Difference
- Be a senior advisor to the Director of Product Marketing, leading the team’s most strategic projects.
- Research, craft, validate, and launch positioning and messaging frameworks for the company, its products, and its target audience segments.
- Shape the company’s GTM strategy through segmentation, personas, and integrated marketing plans.
- Lead a comprehensive website redesign, determining strategy for how we position Klaviyo and its products to different audiences at different stages of the user journey.
- Lead the positioning, narrative, and product launch execution of quarterly announcement events.
- Identify opportunities to strengthen and expand our product marketing foundation, and then lead those efforts.
Who You Are
- A seasoned product marketer with tons of experience creating messaging and positioning, developing go-to-market strategies, and leading product launches of all sizes (with a playbook that you can execute in your sleep).
- A strategic and adaptable leader who can prioritize effectively among many competing high-impact opportunities, and who can drive results and make decisions in dynamic environments with lots of ambiguity and uncertainty.
- A storyteller, whose exceptional internal and external communications inspire people and compel them to join your cause.
- A confident and collaborative teammate who enjoys working closely with other marketing teams, product teams, sales teams, and customer success teams.
- A visionary, who can see how pieces can fit together to yield something more powerful.
- A deeply empathetic person, who always starts with our customer and works backwards.
- A hustler, who is exceptionally goal-oriented, steady, and uncompromising on quality; who can juggle several ongoing projects with multiple stakeholders while staying organized and calm.
- A mentor, who can advise and eventually manage more junior product marketers.
What Your Work Will Look Like
- You’ll report to the Director of Product Marketing
- You’ll work cross-functionally with senior leaders and teammates across every team in the company
- You’ll become a trusted spokesperson in the Klaviyo and eCommerce community
- You’ll be the source of truth on our product and why it matters to our customers, and will teach all Klaviyos about our product
- You’ll help shape and communicate our multi-year product and marketing strategy
- You’ll solidify your expertise in strategic product marketing for a successful hyper-growth startup
Get to know Klaviyo
Klaviyo is a world-leading marketing automation platform dedicated to accelerating revenue and customer connection for online businesses using the channels they own like email, web and mobile. Enabling brands to leverage these owned marketing channels, Klaviyo makes it easy to store, access, analyze and use transactional and behavioral data to power highly-targeted customer and prospect communications. The company’s hybrid customer-data and marketing-platform model allows companies to grow by fostering direct, high-fidelity relationships with customers, without giving up their valuable data to Facebook or Amazon. In 2020, Klaviyo reached coveted unicorn status with a robust Series C of $200m at $4.15B valuation. Innovative companies like Unilever, Custom Ink, and Huckberry sell more with Klaviyo. Learn more at www.klaviyo.com.
Klaviyo does not tolerate and prohibits discrimination, harassment or retaliation of or against job applicants, contractors, interns, volunteers or employees by another employee, supervisor, vendor, customer or any third party.