Now, more than ever, the Toast team is committed to our customers. We’re taking steps to help restaurants navigate these unprecedented times with technology, resources, and community. Our focus is on building the restaurant platform that helps restaurants adapt, take control, and get back to what they do best: building the businesses they love. And because our technology is purpose-built for restaurants, by restaurant people, restaurants can trust that we’ll deliver on their needs for today while investing in experiences that will power their restaurant of the future.
Are you bready* for a change?
As a Senior Product Manager of the restaurant platform product team, you will prioritize and spearhead initiatives that will transform the strategy surrounding the scalability of our core restaurant operations platform, with a specialty in our Mobile Release and Software Development Life Cycle.
You will develop a deep empathy for the change management needs of both our customers interacting with the central point-of-sale product and our product developers working on this central point-of-sale product. You will be working with leadership across Toast including Product, Engineering, Release Management, Customer Support, and Account Management to build and shape the strategy and tooling around our product change management. This role is both strategic and technical, and will lead to significant business impact.
About this roll*:
- Responsible for leading and delivering a transformative product upgrade experience in partnership with product, engineering, and customer facing leadership.
- Become the owner of your product and services, taking responsibility for the creation of product specs, business analysis for prioritization, product performance metrics and product roadmaps
- Develop a deep understanding of what makes a quality app upgrade experience with a specific focus on our customer-facing release, design system, and automated testing for quality.
- Research and study user behavior to improve scalability and productivity to enable more frequent, high quality product delivery.
- In collaboration with product and engineering leadership, actively maintain a view of how the market and technologies are evolving to shape a well-informed product vision and strategy for the restaurant platform.
- Collect and analyze quantitative and qualitative data to both identify and prioritize new opportunities as well as measure the business impact and customer outcomes of initiatives
- Partner with engineering managers and leads within the Restaurant Platform team to improve engineering and product development processes (i.e. metric tracking, capacity planning, impact analysis)
- Future opportunity to manage and mentor Product Analysts & Associate Product Managers
Do you have the right ingredients*?
- A track record of building and delivering impactful technology products to customers
- Affinity for technology with a clear understanding of different build & release ideologies and tools
- Ability to work with the various engineering teams to appropriately map out engineering use cases and requirements
- Strong communication and stakeholder management skills with an ability to build strong relationships both within and outside of the R&D org
- Comfortable working as part of a geographically distributed team
*Bread puns encouraged but not required
As part of our commitment to the health and safety of our employees and their families, all individuals entering our US workspaces are required to provide proof of full vaccination against COVID-19 unless they have an approved medical or religious accommodation.