Who We Are
At Hometap, we believe you can have a house and a life. Our vision is to empower current and prospective homeowners to access their home's equity, free of debt. By tapping into the built-in value of a home, we help homeowners do the big-ticket stuff that makes life better: start a business, buy a second home, get out from under crippling debt, or pay for college tuition.
Hometap makes investments in residential homes, buying a small equity stake against the home’s future value. For homeowners, this is a simplified, sensible alternative to mortgage debt and monthly payments. For investors, this is a new asset class, allowing them to participate in the multi-trillion-dollar residential real estate market without the obligations and downsides of homeownership.
We are a well-capitalized, ambitious, and mission-driven team, and we’d like to invite you to join us on this journey.
Who You Are
As a Senior Product Manager, you will be a critical member of the team’s efforts to define and prioritize business opportunities and deliver outcomes for our homeowners and Hometap. Reporting to the VP of Product, you’ll work cross functionally with engineers, designers, marketers, analysts, salespeople, and legal and security counsel to execute against our shared strategy.
You’ll be Responsible for:
- Managing a portion of Hometap’s software product and taking ownership for a subset of the homeowner journey, from lead generation through qualification, origination, underwriting, closing, servicing, and settlement.
- Ideating and validating new product concepts, including improvements to the existing product and new solutions relating to expanding our addressable market, enhancing our unit economics, and mitigating business risk.
- Evolving Hometap’s technology from a v1 product to a v2 platform capable of handling multiple financial products, homeowner journeys, vendors, and other core business variables.
- Analyzing product data, conducting homeowner interviews, and socializing insights on our key objectives including go-to-market performance, user satisfaction (homeowner and internal staff), and operational efficiency.
- Facilitating sprints including standups, grooming, planning, and retrospectives to ensure a collaborative and productive scrum team.
- Writing summary-level documentation (PRDs) and JIRA issues to create shared understanding, including the business case, target audience, measurable KPIs, functional requirements, and rollout plan.
- Chairing meetings with cross-functional groups, taking ownership for the agenda, recap notes, and follow-up actions.
What You Bring:
- Credibility to make decisions and pursue a point of view based on knowledge of the product management discipline, our customers, and the industry. You will be regarded as the expert in the room, and are comfortable assuming that responsibility.
- Reliable delivery thanks to a proven and visible way of testing and generating results. You are comfortable wrangling a JIRA backlog, communicating goals, measuring effort and impact, and managing expectations accordingly.
- Influence to motivate and persuade others without direct authority. You are willing, and can help others, to disagree and commit to a decision.
- Exceptional written, verbal, and visual communication skills that remove ambiguity and inspire others. Your requirements docs bring clarity and purpose to complex ideas. Your presentations hold an audience’s attention while conveying the necessary information. You can translate customer feedback into functional requirements, and explain implementation choices back to non-technical stakeholders.
- Empathy not just for homeowners, but the other people you’ll work with at Hometap including engineers, designers, marketers, underwriters, and salespeople. You will be expected to conduct interviews, usability studies, and surveys with homeowners to learn about their financial stress and make recommendations for the roadmap based on this primary research.
- You are technically conversant. You know how to read API documentation, are comfortable with the command line, and capable of talking through data models, migrations, UX flows, and other implementation considerations with engineers.
- Comfort and curiosity with analytics—we currently use a combination of Segment, Amplitude, FullStory, and Tableau.
- Bonus points: Experience with business process management solutions, domain expertise in the mortgage or broader real estate industry, working knowledge of Salesforce and its API.
Our Team & Culture
At Hometap, we pride ourselves on being Owners -- of our jobs, our output, our careers -- and Good Neighbors -- we believe helping each other means helping the company, homeowners, and investors succeed.
Equally important to your skill set is what you bring to our team and business. We are looking for a creative thinker who looks for opportunities within challenges, rolls up their sleeves to get things done, values collaboration and communication, and embraces the Homeowner-first mentality. Critical to our mission is being thoughtful in everything we build. If you’re someone who embraces this builder mentality, you’ll be right at home here.