Senior Product Manager at Markforged
Sorry, this job was removed at 4:06 p.m. (EST) on Monday, January 25, 2021
We are looking for a Sr. Product Manager to join our Product Management team in Watertown, MA. This is a strategic role and the right candidate will combine their expertise in industrial manufacturing technologies and processes with their demonstrated experience as a product manager to define and deliver new products that reinvent manufacturing.
In this role you will:
- Be the expert on the technical and process requirements to address a wide range of industrial part applications with additive manufacturing
- Stay at the bleeding edge of relevant emerging technologies and research to highlight potential integration into our product line and scope R&D activities
- Perform market and competitive analyses to determine opportunities for new products, partnerships, or other initiatives that could unlock further growth
- Understand our users, their needs, and their engagement with our printers through qualitative (e.g. interviews) and quantitative (querying data) research
- Define new printers, materials, and features, plus manage the lifecycle of existing ones based on insights that intersect customer, technology, and business
- Partner collaboratively with Engineering throughout development to ensure alignment on priorities, provide compelling context, and make tradeoff decisions whenever needed
- Communicate a clear, compelling product strategy to the company directly and through collaboration with other teams including Marketing and Sales.
What we look for:
- 7+ years working with hardware technology including 3+ years as a Product Manager (or equivalent experience), ideally in additive or another advanced manufacturing industry
- Expertise in technical, process, and factory integration requirements for part manufacturing in industrial verticals (e.g. aerospace, automotive, oil and gas, etc), ideally having taken parts or subsystems through a production qualification program
- Demonstrated ability to identify and collaborate on complimentary external partnerships, e.g. collaborative research, software integrations, regulatory / standards bodies, etc.
- Passion for the product and ownership over outcomes
- Analytical and data-driven approach to decision making
- Ability to establish credibility and influence up, down, and across the organization
- Comfort in a fast-paced environment with a bias towards action
- Bachelors or higher in an engineering or materials field
Although we list out what we generally look for, we are very likely missing other attributes and skills that you have that could make you a great fit, but are not currently listed. Research has shown this especially applies to women and other marginalized groups, who tend to apply if they check 100% of every box, versus men who apply if they hit roughly 60%. The point we’re getting at, it doesn’t hurt to take a chance and apply!
Markforged is reinventing manufacturing so you can build anything you imagine. As the fastest-growing additive manufacturing company in the US, Markforged provides the most affordable metal and carbon fiber 3D printers on the market. Engineers, designers, and manufacturing professionals all over the world rely on Markforged products for tooling, fixtures, functional prototyping, and production parts to optimize their manufacturing operations and supply chains. Founded in 2013 and based in Watertown, MA, Markforged has about 300 employees globally and $137 million in both strategic and venture capital.
Help us reinvent manufacturing.
We are reinventing manufacturing so that engineers can build anything they imagine.
We are one team that wins together!
You will be engaging every day with passionate and dedicated individuals in a collaborative environment working towards making best-in-class products.
Perks & Benefits
We offer a competitive compensation package and a full suite of benefits, including medical insurance, dental insurance, vision insurance, 401(k), parental leave, commuter benefits, open PTO policy, and more. Our work environment includes casual dress, a fully stocked kitchen, bike storage, free parking, weekly catered lunches, and fitness perks. You will have unlimited access to our 3D printers for professional and personal parts!
Markforged values the differences among our employees and provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment. These differences include but are not limited to race, color, ancestry, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, marital status, religion, age, disability, gender identity, results of genetic testing, or service in the military. This goal emphasizes the development of inclusive work environments that capitalize on each employee’s skills, experience, and unique perspectives as we strive to achieve an unparalleled standard of excellence.
To all recruitment agencies: Markforged does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias or Markforged employees. Markforged is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.
Read Full Job Description