Alignable is looking for an experienced Senior Product Manager to ideate, conceptualize, design and build our platform's features and tools. We are looking for a candidate who has the empathy to get in the mind of small businesses and help them solve problems at scale.
Who we are
Alignable is North America's largest small business network with over 4 million businesses in 30,000+ communities. Interacting with their local communities or nationally-recognized industry peers, our small business owners drive customer referrals, business opportunities, and helpful conversations on the Alignable business network.
Small businesses give our communities character-- generating local jobs and supporting local causes. They’re the beating heart of the global economy representing 50% of GDP and 65% of all new jobs. Their owners are creators, risk-takers, and, always, problem-solvers. They’re under-resourced, yet undeterred. We want to give back to these small business owners.
Our mission is to support their ongoing success by providing recommended resources, highly-rated tools, and an engaged, supportive peer network - it’s a difference our members experience every day. Whether it's hearing from a fellow business owner who's overcome a similar problem, reading a credible opinion on a vendor, or sourcing great ideas to grow sales, Alignable members can count on each other for empathetic, pragmatic advice.
If you want to empower the small business owner through a social media network unlike any other, let’s talk.
Led by start-up veterans from Invisalign, Constant Contact, PayPal and Wayfair, we’ve gone from ZER-O to IPO, turning promising ideas into enduring businesses that have transformed the digital landscape. We’re eager to repeat this success.
Advocacy and Encouragement. They make our online communities great, but they also make Alignable a great place to work IRL. Our culture is dynamic, supportive and offers tremendous opportunities to grow your career together with the business. We offer autonomy, ownership, mentoring and flexibility. Every one of our employees and co-ops can directly point to how they've made a major impact on the business.
Headquartered in Boston, Alignable launched in 2014 and is venture-backed by Mayfield fund, Recruit Strategic Partners, Saturn Partners, NextView Ventures, Lead Edge Capital and KIC ventures.
About the product team
Alignable’s product team is responsible for conceptualizing, building, and launching features that allow our 5M Members to connect in ways never before possible. As a Product Manager, you’ll own a set of product features and customer challenges start to end. You’ll work closely with Product Marketers, Customer Support, Sales & Marketing, and Engineering on a daily basis.
What You’ll Do
- Talk to small business owners to understand their business challenges, empathize with them and build products that will make them successful. We truly believe that customer problems live outside our office and we cannot solve them by staying inside.
- Own product requirements including everything from ideation to final delivery. You own it to make it great and successful!
- Present thoughtful ideas for solving customer problems to stakeholders and work directly with them to ensure that a successful product is delivered.
- Collaborate closely with engineers to come up with new product ideas, flush out product requirements, make trade-offs based on implementation costs, and oversee the product implementation and testing process.
- Make decisions based on onboarding, engagement, and retention data.
- Assist VP of Product in the creation of a comprehensive product roadmap.
Who You Are
- You empathize with customers and understand their problems really well. Then you use technology to solve them
- You’re passionate about designing highly usable product experiences and would rather not do anything else. You’ll do what it takes to get things done even if it means working some nights and weekends. After all, we’re a startup, but we’ll never burn you out (we have unlimited vacations).
- You roll up your sleeves and work in a fast-paced environment where you’re solving problems every day and your creativity is valued.
- You define new features working closely with UX designers and engineering.
- You use good judgment to make decisions based on the limited information available and course-correct as you learn more.
- You experiment iteratively knowing that wins can often be through singles and doubles and less often via home runs.
- You analyze data to understand user behaviors and iterate experiments to success.
- You have a hunger for success and learning new things all the time. Plus you can manage the chaos prevalent in all startups, helping us all to define better processes.
- You have the ability to adapt quickly to change as we learn more about our market and customers. And you celebrate successes, learning from failures.
You also should have:
- 5+ years of product management with a successful track record working in startups and on web and mobile products. You’ve also managed a cross-functional team
- Bachelor's degree or higher
What We Offer
- Smart, supportive co-workers
- Competitive compensation
- Health, dental, and vision insurance
- Unlimited vacations
- Payroll deduction for commuter rail and parking
- Unlimited espresso, beer, protein bars, single malt and rum