Senior Product Manager, Payment Experience
We’re not your traditional tech company and we don’t aim to be. Going against the grain is in our DNA. Building a revolutionary product begins with revolutionary thinking. That’s why we value diversity of background and lived experience. Together, we empower restaurants of all sizes to build great teams, increase revenue, improve operations, and delight their guests. We pair our deep understanding of the restaurant industry with powerful cloud based software and restaurant-grade hardware to deliver an intuitive all-in-one platform. Join us on our mission to empower the restaurant community to delight guests, do what they love, and thrive.
Bready* for a change?
Our payments teams are the hidden heroes and heroines of Toast; they ensure that a restaurant can always take a payment from a guest, even in the middle of a power outage! As an integrated payment processor, we process millions of dollars per day and make sure that the money goes directly to a restaurant’s bank account.
As the Senior Product Manager for Payment Experience, you will determine what’s best for a server or guest in their payment interactions with Toast and make thoughtful tradeoffs with your resources. Your ability to communicate decisions, articulate nuanced technical problems, and speak to the voice of the customer will ensure that millions of guests and servers across the country have a seamless experience with Toast.
We just finished baking*:
- A new payment workflow intended for guest interaction, presented on a new piece of hardware
- Beta for new contactless (Applepay, Googlepay) hardware
- A full inventory of our tipping configurations and screens so we could make product decisions on unexpected results
- Dashboards with re-defined payment health metrics
About this roll*:
- Manage and co-create development plans for direct reports, while helping hire and stand-up new teams
- Drive purpose and clarity for your teams while safely launching and supporting new payments features
- Clearly define problems and strategic rationale before designing solutions, while communicating roadmap and other decisions to all stakeholders
Do you have the right ingredients*?
- You should love applying an analytical lens to problems
- You will live by the mantra “ruthlessly prioritize”
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Experience working with hardware and/or UX stakeholders
- Experience in the payments industry (card present)
*Bread puns encouraged, not required