Senior Product Manager, International Markets
Meet CarGurus—the #1 visited online car shopping website in the US. At CarGurus, we’re building the world’s most trusted and transparent automotive marketplace where it’s easy to find great deals from top-rated dealers.
Founded in 2006 by Langley Steinert (co-founder of TripAdvisor), CarGurus is a technology company with a passion for data and its power to simplify every aspect of the car shopping experience. Using proprietary technology, search algorithms and innovative data analytics, we provide unbiased validation on pricing, dealer reputation and vehicle history.
CarGurus continues to expand internationally and the infrastructure that supports car shopping and selling is different in many countries. Our International team creates unique products & features while localizing CarGurus’ products for both dealers and consumers in every new country.
We are looking for a self-motivated Senior Product Manager who is passionate about creating products that are used by millions. Our team solves a variety of new and unique challenges, creating new products from ideation to production. We move quickly, use data to drive our decisions, and deliver products and analytics to consumers and dealers around the world.
What You’ll Do:
- Develop and drive the CarGurus international product roadmap, in close collaboration with the international business managers and engineering teams
- Understand and manage the unique opportunities and challenges of each international auto market and adapt the CarGurus product and business model
- Collect, vet, and prioritize ideas for potential product enhancements to CarGurus’ existing international product offering
- Conduct market analysis on future product expansion, evaluating market dynamics, competitor offerings, partnership opportunities, and legal/regulatory considerations
- Evaluate data on international product usage and performance to optimize and customize our international product offerings
- Conduct market and consumer research to ensure customer needs and market opportunities are reflected within product priorities
Who You Are:
- 4+ years of professional Product Management experience
- Bachelor’s degree from a top school required
- Previous product management and rollout experience, internationally preferred
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Ability to manage projects of varying size and scope simultaneously while prioritizing appropriately
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills and presentation experience. Multi-lingual skills beneficial
- Tenacious self-starter with the ability to work independently
- Ability to effectively liaison with cross-functional teams, and ability to adapt style to work closely with varying personality types and cultures
- Good sense of humor and enthusiasm for working in fast-paced and innovative environment
At the core of our company culture is a spirit of innovation, curiosity and collaboration. True to our start-up roots, we’re nimble, flexible and hardworking. We have a great respect for testing and learning and a healthy aversion to scheduling meetings to discuss meetings. Lunch is catered daily. Gym membership is free. Foosball and ping pong are played often. Now a publicly-traded company, we’re as committed as ever to cultivating the culture that got us here.
In addition to the US, CarGurus operates sites in Canada, the UK and Germany with other markets on the horizon. Our offices are located in Cambridge, MA, Detroit, MI and Dublin, Ireland. If you’d like to learn more, please visit our careers page.