Car shopping is complicated. At CarGurus, we use data and technology to make it simple. This gives our customers the tools they need to confidently find, buy, finance, or sell a car. The best part? Our work makes a real impact. We’re the most-visited car-shopping site in the US, and we are growing fast. Ready to come along for the ride?
We’re looking for an experienced Senior Product Manager to bring the car buying experience into the 21st century by driving ground-breaking innovation in automotive payments and digital retailing. As the market leading automotive marketplace, with over 30 million active car shoppers a month, and over 26,000 paying dealerships on our platform, this role will touch a broad audience. You will empower car shoppers to not only search for vehicles on CarGurus, but seamlessly get financing and buy them online or at the dealership from their mobile phone. This role is highly complex, cross-functional, and requires strong analytical skills, creative problem solving, and a passion for innovation.
What You'll Do:
- Develop the vision and roadmap for digital retailing on CarGurus
- Partner with our world class engineering team to brainstorm and drive the development of product offerings
- Identify consumer needs and pain points in the car purchase experience, and translate those insights into impactful product innovations
- Define and analyze the data to prioritize new market opportunities and understand their success
- Work cross functionally with the broader business and effectively communicate team plans and results
Who You Are:
- 5+ years of product management experience in a fast paced, multifaceted environment
- Experience with payments, particularly on mobile, or FinTech product management a plus
- Technical background or experience developing and/or leveraging platforms and APIs a plus
- Strong analytical and creative problem-solving skills required
- Entrepreneurial, coming up with new ideas and opportunities is energizing work
- Ability to manage projects of varying size and scope simultaneously while prioritizing appropriately
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills and presentation experience
- Ability to effectively collaborate with internal teams, and adapt your style to work closely with varying personality types
- Good sense of humor and likes working in an unstructured, fast-paced environment
Research shows that while men apply to jobs when they meet an average of 60% of the criteria, women and other marginalized folks tend to only apply when they check every box. So if you think you have what it takes, but don't necessarily meet every single point on the job description, please still get in touch. We'd love to have a chat and see if you could be a great fit.
At CarGurus, we invest in our people’s professional growth with everything from learning and development programs to tuition reimbursement. Want to work on projects that expand your skill set without sacrificing your work/life balance? You got it. We also strive to provide perks and benefits that employees actually care about like free lunch, commuter subsidies, and more. That includes equity in the company—our way of showing that we want you here for the long haul.
We work hard every day to build the world’s most trusted and transparent automotive marketplace, but trust and transparency don’t just apply to our consumers. They extend to our talent, too. We aim to create a workplace where everyone feels they can bring the ultimate expression of themselves and their potential—where you don’t just fit, you thrive. We don’t discriminate based on race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability, veteran status, gender identity, or sexual orientation.
CarGurus employees in the US can choose to work from home / remotely for the duration of 2021, or participate in a phased return to our beautiful office spaces. We expect most roles to be in-office at least 3 days a week beginning January 2022. In addition to the US, CarGurus operates sites in Canada and the UK. We have offices in Cambridge, MA; Detroit, MI; Dublin, Ireland; San Francisco, CA and London, UK. Check out our careers page to learn more.