Senior Product Manager, Digital Payments at Toast
Now, more than ever, the Toast team is committed to our customers. We’re taking steps to help restaurants navigate these unprecedented times with technology, resources, and community. Our focus is on building the restaurant platform that helps restaurants adapt, take control, and get back to what they do best: building the businesses they love. And because our technology is purpose-built for restaurants, by restaurant people, restaurants can trust that we’ll deliver on their needs for today while investing in experiences that will power their restaurant of the future.
The Payments teams are the hidden heroes and heroines of Toast. Your team ensures a restaurant can always perform the mission critical act of taking a payment from a guest, even in the middle of a power outage! As an integrated payment processor, Toast processes millions of dollars per day, and at the end of the day, makes sure that money gets to a restaurant’s bank account. Join us on our mission to empower the restaurant community to delight guests, do what they love, and thrive.
Bready for Some Change?
Your role is to represent what’s best for a server or guest in their payment interactions with Toast, and make thoughtful tradeoffs with your resources. You’ll communicate your prioritization decisions, technical nuances of problems, and the voice of the customer to help ensure millions of guests and servers across the country don’t have to think twice at the end of their joint experiences. You will drive new payment experiences and capabilities for our digital channels and manage an important and rapidly growing part of the business.
About this roll* (Responsibilities)
- Drive purpose and clarity for your teams.
- Build, develop and manage the product roadmap for your services and features.
- Collaborate with internal Toast teams to define solutions to serve our customers and deliver seamless payment experiences.
- Define, track and analyze metrics related to service adoption and usage.
- Partner with engineering to launch and support new payments features.
- Crisply define problems and strategic rationale before designing solutions.
- Communicate roadmap and other decisions to all stakeholders.
Do you have the right ingredients*? (Requirements)
- 7+ years of experience in product management or technology.
- Knowledgeable about merchant payment acceptance, ecommerce and digital wallets.
- Experience building externalizable APIs.
- Analytical problem solver.
- Ability to prioritize and manage multiple constituents.
- Great communication skills and ability to work effectively on shared projects with multiple stakeholders.
*Bread puns encouraged but not required