Senior Product Manager, Digital Advertising at CarGurus
Car shopping is complicated. At CarGurus, we use data and technology to make it simple, giving people the tools they need to confidently find, buy, finance, or sell a car. The best part? Our work makes a real impact. We’re the most-visited car-shopping site in the US and we are growing fast in our international markets. Ready to come along for the ride?
CarGurus is looking for a highly motivated Senior Product Manager of Digital Advertising who will report directly to the Director of Dealer Products and focus on helping to drive growth and innovation within CarGurus’ digital advertising. This Product Manager will work in tandem with Sales/Marketing, Ad Operations and CarGurus’ dealer base to identify the highest potential product improvements as well as major new categories for our digital advertising products. They will collaborate with their partners in engineering and bring these ideas to market. This role is highly cross-functional, and requires strong analytical and research skills, the ability to work well with a wide range of types of people, and a passion for innovation.What You'll Do:
- Gain a deep understanding of our existing digital advertising business and technical infrastructure, in order to identify issues and areas for improvement
- Work cross-functionally with Sales, Marketing and Ad Operations to collect, vet, and prioritize ideas for product improvements to CarGurus’ advertising product set
- Solicit input from dealers, car manufacturers and other advertisers to test and refine new and existing product initiatives
- You will be the product champion on all things data privacy for both desktop and mobile platforms. You will help us craft and execute our strategy as privacy policies evolve online in the U.S and internationally
- Evaluate competitor offerings, feature sets, pricing models, and key messages to understand the best way for CarGurus to bring new ad products to market
- Analyze data on product usage and performance to optimize and improve our advertising products
- Collaborate cross-functionally to roll out new products and initiatives, working closely with employees from across the organization to ensure success growth and profitability for the business.
- 5 + years of professional product management or digital advertising experience work experience desired
- Ideal candidates will have work experience at advertising technology companies, digital marketing firms, media firms, etc.
- Ability to handle projects of varying size and scope simultaneously while prioritizing appropriately
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills and presentation experience
- Ability to efficiently liaison with internal teams, and able to adapt style to work closely with varying personality types
- Tenacious self - starter who loves working in an unstructured, fast-paced environment
Research shows that while men apply to jobs when they meet an average of 60% of the criteria, women and other marginalized folks tend to only apply when they check every box. So if you think you have what it takes, but don't necessarily meet every single point on the job description, please still get in touch. We'd love to have a chat and see if you could be a great fit.
At CarGurus, we invest in our people’s professional growth with everything from learning and development programs to tuition reimbursement. Want to work on projects that expand your skill set without sacrificing your work/life balance? You got it. We also strive to provide perks and benefits that employees actually care about like free lunch, commuter subsidies, and more. That includes equity in the company—our way of showing that we want you here for the long haul.
We work hard every day to build the world’s most trusted and transparent automotive marketplace, but trust and transparency don’t just apply to our consumers. They extend to our talent, too. We aim to create a workplace where everyone feels they can bring the ultimate expression of themselves and their potential—where you don’t just fit, you thrive. We don’t discriminate based on race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability, veteran status, gender identity, or sexual orientation.
CarGurus employees in the US can choose to work from home / remotely for the duration of 2021, or participate in a phased return to our beautiful office spaces. We expect most roles to be in-office at least 3 days a week beginning January 2022. In addition to the US, CarGurus operates sites in Canada and the UK. We have offices in Cambridge, MA; Detroit, MI; Dublin, Ireland; San Francisco, CA and London, UK. Check out our careers page to learn more.