ezCater is the world’s largest online marketplace for catering – a $60+ billion market in the U.S. We make it superbly easy for businesspeople to find and order great food for meetings and events, and we help our catering partners grow their business. We’re backed by $320 million in venture funding and in early 2019 were valued at $1.25 billion. Our mission is to power the world’s catering, and we’ll make it happen – even more surely if you come help us.
At ezCater, we care a lot about building insanely helpful products that our customers, caterers, and delivery drivers love to use. Your focus will be on fulfillment, which straddles both sides of our marketplace. We’re building out tools to help our catering partners better manage their deliveries, provide tracking on all orders, and ensure our customer experience is flawless. You’ll lead the team tasked with finding and delivering (pun intended) innovative solutions to some of the most complex product challenges in our space.
What you'll do:
- Drive the overall vision for this space. Work with internal stakeholders and partners to gather requirements, create user stories, and develop our delivery roadmap
- Guide cross-functional teams in a highly iterative, rapidly evolving agile environment
- Drive analysis and recommendations to identify/prioritize the most significant opportunities for simplification and standardization
- Manage feature development from conception through design, build, release, and iteration
- Collaborate with business and engineering teams to assess value, usability, and feasibility of menu offerings
- Create and monitor the ongoing metrics that measure and define success
- 5-7 years of Product Management experience, with a proven track record as an individual contributor that has deep expertise in their functional area
- Experience developing new products or ideas inside of an existing technical ecosystem. You’re able to move fast and advocate for change while allowing your stakeholders to keep crushing their goals too.
- The ability to build the processes needed for full adoption and support of a new idea and set of features
- Comfort in a highly-entrepreneurial environment where flexibility, creativity, and initiative are highly-valued
- Strong diplomacy skills to build consensus between competing business needs and objectives
- A process that includes regularly engaging with your end users to ensure your solutions meet their needs.
- A healthy dose of creativity surrounded by data guardrails
- A highly collaborative approach, supported by excellent communication and organizational skills
- Experience working directly with agile development teams
What you’ll get from us:
Importantly, you’ll get a tremendous amount of authority and autonomy. You’ll own your outcomes and see measurable results for your efforts. With ezCater’s radical transparency and trust, you’ll have open access to the data that drives our decisions. You'll have a coaching environment to learn and develop, and ezUniversity sessions will provide plenty of opportunities to expand your mind. At the same time, you’ll get sane working hours and a huge amount of flexibility around work/life balance. Have people in your life – of any age – who always, often, or sometimes need your help? We make room for that. Have a bad thing or a good thing happen to you? We make room for that, too.
Oh, and here’s what else you’ll get: Market salary, stock options you’ll help make worth a lot, the usual holidays, all-you-can-eat vacation, 401K, health/dental/FSA, long-term disability insurance, subsidized T-passes, a great office in the heart of Boston, a tremendous amount of responsibility and autonomy, wicked awesome co-workers, cupcakes (and many more goodies), and knowing that you helped get this rocket ship to the moon.
ezCater is an equal opportunity employer. We embrace humans of every background, appearance, race, religion, color, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, and disability status. At the same time, we do not employ jerks, even brilliant ones.