Senior Product Manager, Carbon at Indigo
We’re an international agtech startup pioneering an ambitious mission in a budding industry where agriculture meets technology. Through the use of data-driven insights, natural microbiology, and innovative digital technologies, Indigo is partnering across the supply chain, ultimately cultivating a scalable climate solution and enhanced ecosystem that beneficially serves farmers, consumers, and the planet alike.
Our mission is unique, and therefore our teams are too: from multigenerational farming gurus who understand the land as though it were an extension of themselves, to cutting-edge techies on the frontier of innovation, our teams are a reflection of the range of the stakeholders we serve: the Earth, the Farmer, and the Consumer. Indigo is extraordinary, and we owe that to the individuals who make up our community and enable success through diversity of thought, experience, background, perspective, race, sexuality, gender, age, and everything else that makes a person uniquely themselves. Connected by a common vision and empowered by diversity, we aren’t ordinary, and neither are you. Embrace your extraordinary and join Indigo in cultivating a healthier planet fueled by unique game changers.
Indigo is a high growth innovative agriculture company based in Boston. We have an extraordinary opportunity to help farmers harness nature to feed the planet in a sustainable manner. The Carbon business at Indigo is at the forefront of the agricultural carbon market and building the first scalable, rigorous carbon credit opportunity for farmers — benefiting both to our planet and to the rural communities that feed us.
Senior Product Manager, Carbon
In this role as a Senior Product Manager, you will work to enable partnerships and own data integrations for Indigo Carbon that help our farmers to get paid for regenerative farming practices that improve the environment. We have the opportunity to work with others in the agricultural ecosystem to bring carbon farming to a wider population of farmers and to simplify the process for those farmers, through the power of shared data. You will balance the complex technical requirements of the carbon credit verification standards with the real human needs of growers making changes to their farming practices. You will have the opportunity to collaborate with many teams across the organization and learn from our farmers, data scientists, and agronomic experts.
What does a successful product look like at Indigo?
Good products must be designed with an unwavering focus on the users they serve and the customers they ultimately benefit. You will take a lead role in understanding customer needs, how our business meets those needs, and how our technology can help the business do that better and more efficiently. You will guide the strategic framework for our data partnership opportunities, and you will interface with external partners whose goals align with ours.
How do we work?
We are not perfect. In fact, we are learning from trial and error every day. We try new things, take risks, make educated guesses, and move quickly. We learn from our users directly and make data-driven decisions. We aren’t dogmatic, but we believe in the tenets of agile development. Excellent communication and collaboration skills are a must..
- Define the vision and product roadmap for partnerships and data integrations in the Indigo Carbon application
- Understand the downstream uses of the grower’s data in the carbon credit production process and balance ease of use with program necessity
- Collaborate with multiple teams across the Indigo organization to help prioritize grower-facing features and improvements and contribute to the short- and long-term vision for your product area
- Collaborate with the design team to perform user research and usability testing to make the best decisions for our users at all stages of the product process
- Create and prioritize use cases and opportunity areas including among externally-driven partnership opportunities
- Understand market competition and product positioning within the agriculture data ecosystem
- Coordinate investigations and mitigations when bugs or faulty processes threaten user experience or data quality
- Assume primary Product Ownership responsibilities (e.g., roadmap, user stories, prioritization, stakeholder buy-in, etc.)
- Define a set of metrics by which your area of ownership defines success and is held accountable
- Drive agile software product management and development best practices and help the team learn and improve
- Contribute to and ultimately lead partnership discussions around scope, approach, and workstream alignment between organizations
- Work closely with all internal product-related teams to ensure alignment across product development processes
- Execute customer-driven culture in how we prioritize and allocate our Technology investment
- Establish clear and concise communications channels with stakeholders within the organization (i.e., Business, Partners, Launch Operations, Science, Data Science, Design, and Engineering) to provide context about the “why” and visibility into product decisions and process for decision making
- Be a leading voice representing Indigo in partnership discussions. Build and advance key relationships that allow integrations to help Indigo achieve its business objectives while benefiting the user.
- Set clear expectations and be able to communicate the value of product investments to non-technical stakeholders
- Create clear documentation of features, user flows, and data structures for internal and external collaborators
- Understanding of farming operations data including common farming practices and how those are captured in farm data systems - current understanding or quick learning
- Experience building data integrations between systems through APIs or other mechanisms; ability to think creatively about data solutions
- Experience working with data science to productionize workflows and turn messy data into useful data
- A passionate problem solver who collaborates with and leads multi-disciplinary teams to identify complex business and user problems, articulate hypotheses, and develop roadmaps and implementation plans accordingly
- Ability to foresee where scope, business objectives and/or user needs may conflict and can highlight tradeoffs and facilitate negotiations amongst relevant stakeholders leading to positive and well-communicated decisions
- Embrace a learning culture and motivate continuous improvement with teammates
- Process orientation with strong time-management skills and demonstrated ability to change course as needed
- Drive product development through a (quantitative and qualitative) data-driven approach
- Demonstrates ability to effectively work as a member of a team, with great listening and oral and written communication skills
- 7+ years Product Management experience
- Track record of building successful products that solve challenging problems and a passion for real-world impact.
- Experience working with software engineering teams in an agile/lean development environment
- Experience working with agricultural data, data integrations, or other relevant experience
- Nice to have: experience working across companies/partnerships
We’re building the technology to feed the world and fight climate change. We believe that through teamwork we can achieve more to benefit all of agriculture: from farmers to consumers to the planet.
Game changers don't fit in a box. The requirements listed below are examples of what we think enables success in this role, but we recognize the impossibility of fully capturing a singularly perfect description, and we believe in the power of diversified and creative displays of skills and qualifications. We embrace unconventional. We embrace creativity. We embrace a challenge to the status quo. If the specifications in the list below aren’t an exact match… great! Apply, be you, and be proud that you aren’t ordinary (we certainly aren’t!).
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
- Health, dental, and vision insurance for you and your family
- Generous time off
- Parental leave
- A remote-first organization with flexible work hours
- Catered Lunches
- Commuter benefits
- 401(k) plan