SmartBear is looking for an experienced Senior Product Manager who wants to build quality into the API Lifecycle. In this role, you will be responsible for developing, communicating, and executing on the product roadmap for our API testing products. Successful candidates tend to be strategic, entrepreneurial in spirit, hands-on, research-savvy, and analytically driven, with proven experience delivering software.
This role provides the opportunity to drive a growing business built around established products. It offers the chance to innovate with a talented and passionate cross-functional team.
In this role you will:
- Work with the leader of API Testing & Virtualization to create, maintain, and communicate a living vision and strategy for your products
- Develop a deep understanding of APIs, software testing, and test management
- Understand and build the product roadmap, including new target market and features, design the go-to-market strategy and product value proposition
- Analyze customer needs and jobs-to-be-done, industry trends, and market white-space to identify new product opportunities
- Manage and prioritize product backlog
- Work in close partnership with UX designers and world-class engineers to implement the product vision
- Engage closely with cross-functional teams including marketing and engineering to bring products to market in a timely manner
- Manage product P&L and develop business case around new features and capabilities for product themes and epics
- Serve as a representative for your products with marketing and sales
- Follow agile methodology to establish proper documentation and acceptance criteria
- Monitor achievement against forecast to identify and report on KPIs by quarter
This role is great for:
- Current Product Managers with 5-10 years of experience, particularly in the API or Testing space
- Product Managers with an Engineering/QA background who are familiar with APIs and/or Functional Testing.
- Product Managers with Software, SaaS or Server Virtualization experience
SmartBear is behind the software that empowers developers, testers, and operations engineers at over 20,000 of the world’s most innovative organizations including Adobe, JetBlue, MasterCard, and Microsoft. More than 6 million people use our tools to build, test, and monitor great software, faster. Our high-impact tools are easy to try, easy to buy, and easy to use. These tools are backed by a team of people passionate about helping you create software that transforms our world. Those tools are SmartBear tools. That team is SmartBear. For more information, visit: http://smartbear.com, or follow us on LinkedIn, Twitter, or Facebook.
SmartBear is an equal employment opportunity employer and encourages success based on our individual merits and abilities without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, ancestry, mental or physical disability, marital status, military or veteran status, citizenship status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetic information, medical condition, sex, sex stereotyping, pregnancy (which includes pregnancy, childbirth, and medical conditions related to pregnancy, childbirth, or breastfeeding), or any other legally protected status.