Senior Product Designer
Senior Product DesignerWhat we're looking for
We’re searching for highly skilled, passionate, thoughtful design leaders to join our team building novel innovative systems, products and experiences that help our customers get their jobs done with ease.
This is a fantastic opportunity for you to have a major impact with your designs. We value people who are not only outstanding creators, innovators with a process, and system thinkers, but also those who can communicate and influence a large dynamic organization to bring those ideas to the world. You might be right for the team if...
- You have an expert understanding of usability principles and practices applied to interaction and visual design
- You go deep in one additional area of expertise e.g. motion design, information architecture, research
- You've partnered with researchers (or led yourself) on studies that impact strategy and problem framing with methods that go beyond usability testing and concept validation
- You're used to leading a dynamic Lean UX design process across teams where you uncover hidden assumptions, and rapidly validate or understand potential solutions
- Examples of your work include: running cross functional concepting sessions, defining design/system strategy and over all approach, and then executing using user flows, wireframes, UI patterns, and high fidelity mocks
- You're deliberate at and effective about over-communicating the major trade-offs between design concepts influencing your partners along the way.
- You're able to successfully communicate the value of design and the impact of your projects to the rest of the organization in a way that gets people excited and involved
- You love working hand in hand with developers, product managers, writers, service, and research to frame problems and frequently ship solutions together as one team
- You're super skilled with Sketch, other prototyping tools such as InVision, and writing and communicating your thought process
What types of problems do we work on?
We're helping the actual human people running small and medium-sized companies grow their businesses using a single simple platform. From small sales teams, marketing-departments-of-one, and part-time services folks to medium-sized orgs that have their sea legs, we're all about helping these sized businesses grow.
What is growth? Growth for our customers means being able to hire more people, build and sell more products, and help more and more of their customers succeed -but not at any cost. Baked into the products we make are practices and approaches to growth that help customers sell, market, and service their customers responsibly, in ways we'd want to experience.
If you want to guide what the future of growth looks like, these are the kinds of problems to work on.
How do we design?
Design at HubSpot is both grounded in experience design fundamentals and a deep belief that small autonomous teams are the best way to get excellent work in customer's hands.
- We value solving for the customer above all else
- We give each designer the responsibility and ownership to chart the course for their designs throughout the product and across teams. We don't do sign-offs and burdensome documentation.
- We respect user research and content and work cooperatively with them while designing
- We carefully lead and maintain a high-functioning, usability-centered design system and design language with our front end teammates.
- We're embedded on small teams with engineers and product managers in sane sustainable ratios.
HubSpot helps millions of organizations grow better, and we’d love to grow better with you. Our business builds the software and systems that power the world’s small to medium-sized businesses. Our company culture builds connections, careers, and employee growth. How? By creating a workplace that values flexibility, autonomy, and transparency. If that sounds like something you’d like to be part of, we’d love to hear from you.
You can find out more about our company culture in the HubSpot Culture Code, which has more than 3M views, and learn about our commitment to creating a diverse and inclusive workplace, too. Thanks to the work of every HubSpotter globally who has helped build our remarkable culture, HubSpot has been named a top workplace by Glassdoor, Fortune, Entrepreneur, and more.
HubSpot was founded in 2006. We’re headquartered in Cambridge, Massachusetts, and we have offices in New Hampshire, Dublin (Ireland), Sydney (Australia), Singapore, Tokyo (Japan), Berlin (Germany), and Bogotá (Colombia).