Senior Product Design Researcher
Drift is the Revenue Acceleration platform that uses Conversational Marketing and Conversational Sales to help companies grow revenue and increase customer lifetime value, faster. More than 50,000 businesses use Drift to align sales and marketing on a single platform to deliver a unified customer experience where people are free to have a conversation with a business at any time, on their terms. Our mission is to use conversations to make business buying frictionless, more enjoyable, and more human.
About the role
Our product organization is made up of dozens of small, autonomous teams who work to solve customer problems. Each team has a PM, a Product Designer, and three Engineers, and owns an entire product themselves.
You will join a small and growing team of UX Researchers who work across all of our Product teams. You will get in the weeds with the teams to make sure they’re building the right thing, while also stepping back and working with peers in product and engineering leadership to ensure we have the systems, processes, and frameworks to execute consistently at scale.
You understand the challenges and opportunities of developing Enterprise products and can help our entire team embrace the learnings and principles you have developed in your career.
What you’ll be doing on the Product team at Drift:
- You’ll spend a lot of your time talking to customers, understanding their problems, and validating that your teams’ solutions solve a real problem for them.
- You’ll work with the founders and Product VPs to deliver on the company’s vision to be “The Way That Businesses Buy From Businesses”.
- You’ll help the entire team practice effective generative research to deeply understand customer workflows and problems.
- You’ll work with product leadership to draft early concepts to foster customer development and validation.
- You’ll help the entire leadership team shift their processes to be more effective with developing SaaS software for large Enterprise companies.
- You’ll mentor several product designers who report to you, helping them to build great products and grow in their careers
- You’ll dig into the weeds and help your product teams to execute when needed with design and research work
- You will lead initiatives to develop scalable and effective design processes and tools across the entire organization.
About you and what type of skills you’ll need:
- You have experience building products in B2B Enterprise SaaS for 3+ years, Marketing or Sales products a plus.
- You have 3+ years of software product design experience, 3+ as a manager/leader
- You have built and launched innovative and differentiated products with resulting revenue over $10M
- You are experienced in leading customer research, customer validation, concept design, design systems, usability testing, and other modern design practices.
- You love listening to customers, discussing strategy with colleagues, but also diving into the weeds.
- You’re dedicated to your craft and want to work amongst a team that will inspire you on a daily basis.
- You are positive, creative, curious, and aren’t afraid to ask a lot of questions.
- You are can take candid feedback well and are looking to grow
- You are OK with multi-tasking and can synthesize multiple perspectives to get the most important thing done.
- You are detail oriented and organized.
We know that applying for a new job can be intimidating. But guess what? At Drift, there is no such thing as an “ideal candidate.” We believe in the power of teamwork -- and in the desire to learn something new every day. We believe in hiring people, not just skills. Take it from our CEO.
If this sounds like a company you would like to join and a role you would thrive in, please don’t hold back from applying! Whatever skills you bring to the table or background you’re coming from, we welcome you to start a conversation with us. We need your unique perspective for our continued innovation and success. We’re looking forward to learning more about you!
Drift is committed to providing reasonable accommodations for candidates with disabilities in our recruiting process. If you need any assistance or accommodations due to a disability, please let us know at [email protected]