Senior Principal Product Manager at Nuance
Nuance is the pioneer and leader in conversational artificial intelligence (AI) innovations that bring intelligence to everyday work and life. We deliver solutions that understand, analyze, and respond to people, amplifying human intelligence to increase productivity and improve security. With decades of both domain and AI expertise, we work with thousands of organizations across a wide range of industries.
Join our team! At Nuance, we are constantly reinventing how people connect with technology and with each other. Our AI-powered solutions empower organizations to transform “business as usual.” For decades, the world’s leading financial, healthcare, telecommunications, retailers, and government organizations have trusted Nuance to bring them award-winning solutions that deliver more meaningful outcomes and empower a smarter, more connected world. From clinical speech recognition technologies that free physicians to spend more time caring for patients to real-time intelligence that powers billions of customer interactions, we’re deeply committed to helping organizations push the boundaries of what’s possible.
Duties & Responsibilities
Strategy and Discovery:
- Work directly with external and internal customers to understand, quantify and capture Voice of Customer (VOC) as well as track competitive and technology trends.
- Assist in analyzing market and financial data to identify solution opportunities, gaps and risks.
- Planning and Design:
- Conduct in-field hypothesis-based research with prototypes and research guides to uncover latent customer needs and determine ROI of solutions.
- Clarify the definition, value and design of the products and each solution offering.
- Creating detailed requirements for the product and services that would provide the required value proposition.
Deliver and Maintain:
- Define Epics and User Stories based on user requirements and workflows, and work closely with Engineering Scrum Teams to execute product roadmap and releases
- Work on a daily basis with solutions marketing, R&D, professional services, order management, technical support, and other service organizations to meet product delivery KPIs.
- Manage the early adopter clients to become successful references with defined ROI.
- Work with clinicians to triage content and functionality enhancement requests.
- Work with the cross-functional team to triage product defects.
- Gather, interpret, and recommend based on the market performance of the offerings.
- Work with marketing to support the market launch: field training, sales training, assisting with positioning and collateral development.
Education: Bachelor’s Degree. MBA or finance (including business modeling) qualification preferred
Years of Experience: 12+
- 7+ years of product management experience
- 4+ years of B2B product management with 2+ in healthcare technologies.
- Demonstrated experience in defining, creating, and launching successful products.
- Ability to create, understand, and justify financial business cases: market analysis, investment cost, variable cost, margin and contribution, and other market-based metrics.
- Ability to model, analyze, and manage financial performance: bookings revenues, margin across a portfolio.
- Leadership skills to lead cross-functional teams and drive execution and delivery of programs including new product initiatives.
- Experience in healthcare, EHR, CDI or NLP and clinical workflows (especially Ambulatory) highly desired
- Excellent written and verbal communication, interpersonal, and analytics skills, able to build rapport quickly and easily with domain experts and across lines of business.
- Quick learner and adaptable.
- MBA in Marketing, Strategy, or Finance
- 5+ years’ experience in provider-facing healthcare technology solutions
- Experience with different software business models and revenue recognition implications
- Strong prioritization skills to focus on what is most important; good multi-tasker.
- Capability to understand at the micro-level and make decisions at the macro-level
- Ability to build strong trust-based relationships in a matrix organization and deliver the best solution for the customers and for the company
- Ability to “see around corners” to identify new market opportunities
- Manages and leads through periods of rapid change
Nuance offers a compelling and rewarding work environment. We offer market competitive salaries, bonus, equity, benefits, meaningful growth and development opportunities and a casual yet technically challenging work environment. Join our dynamic, entrepreneurial team and become part of our continuing success.
Nuance Communications, Inc. (“Nuance”) is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, age, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, veteran status, gender identity, sexual orientation and other legally protected characteristics. The EEO is the Law poster and its supplement is available here. If you need a reasonable accommodation because of a disability for any part of the employment process, please call 781-565-5086 – Human Resources Department and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information.