Senior Manager, Product Operations, CarGurus Labs at CarGurus
Car shopping is complicated. At CarGurus, we use data and technology to make it simple, giving people the tools they need to confidently find, buy, finance, or sell a car. The best part? Our work makes a real impact. We’re the most-visited car-shopping site in the US, and we are growing quickly in our international markets. Ready to come along for the ride?
CarGurus Labs focuses on transformative opportunities in the automotive space. These projects tend to have longer time horizons due to their challenging and exploratory nature. As such, an interest in rapid product experimentation and iteration is a core attribute for successful team members.
This is a very exciting time for CarGurus and is a huge opportunity for you to be a part of something truly amazing. Examples of recent public initiatives include:
- P2P – Making selling or buying cars privately easy, safe, and secure.
- CarGurus Offers – Helping sellers who sell privately get the best offer from a local dealer through a real time auction
- Dealer Finance - Enabled users to shop dealer inventory with real financing rates. (Spun out into an independent Digital Retail team.)
Our startup DNA means we particularly value diverse backgrounds and perspectives. Come help build the next phase of CarGurus!
The Senior Manager, Product Operations will set up, manage, and optimize processes with multiple external partners to help bring new products to life. Reporting into the VP of Labs Operations, you will work closely with the Engineering, Product Management, and Business Development teams to help launch and scale our dealer inventory acquisition products. A successful candidate will have a strong operational background, a passion for delivering an outstanding user experience, and an ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Partner closely with key cross-functional stakeholders to manage end-to-end operations for new products. Help drive commercial adoption, operational excellence, customer satisfaction and financial performance
- Contribute as key stakeholder to product requirements gathering, new product definition, and partner selection
- Manage a team and external partners to ensure continuous optimization of processes and improvement of the user journey. Develop, monitor, and analyze partner objectives, SLAs, and KPIs.
- Gather customer insight (both consumer and dealer) and leverage those insights to identify product/process improvements. Spend time on the ground with partners and customers to figure out what’s working and what’s not. Bring a product-centric view to your work.
Skills and Experience Required
- 7+ years of professional experience, including direct operational experience
- Strong analytical and creative problem-solving skills
- Startup mentality; willing to pitch in wherever needed and wear many hats. Knows when to pivot.
- Self-motivated, well-organized and detail-oriented
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills; strong executive presence
- Industry knowledge of logistics and automotive wholesale markets is a plus
- Some travel required once it’s safe (~30%)
At CarGurus, we invest in our people’s professional growth with everything from learning and development programs to tuition reimbursement. Want to work on projects that expand your skill set without sacrificing your work/life balance? You got it. We also strive to provide perks and benefits that employees actually care about like free lunch, commuter subsidies, and more. That includes equity in the company—our way of showing that we want you here for the long haul.
We work hard every day to build the world’s most trusted and transparent automotive marketplace, but trust and transparency don’t just apply to our consumers. They extend to our talent, too. We aim to create a workplace where everyone feels they can bring the ultimate expression of themselves and their potential—where you don’t just fit, you thrive. We don’t discriminate based on race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability, veteran status, gender identity, or sexual orientation.
In addition to the US, CarGurus operates sites in Canada and the UK—with other markets on the horizon. We have offices in Cambridge, MA; Detroit, MI; Dublin, Ireland; San Francisco, CA and London, UK. Check out our careers page to learn more.