Senior Director of Product Management - Toast Partner Ecosystem at Toast (Remote)
Toast is driven by building the restaurant platform that helps restaurants adapt, take control, and get back to what they do best: building the businesses they love.
Our mission at Toast is to empower the restaurant community to delight their guests, do what they love, and thrive. Toast is a powerful and easy to use all-in-one restaurant platform that helps restaurants grow their businesses and delight their guests in new and innovative ways.
Toast has a rapidly growing customer base comprised of cafes, restaurants, bars & nightclubs. We are passionate about helping our customers grow their business and providing a best in class user experience. We strive to bring the best products and partners to our users.
We are looking for a passionate and proven leader to grow, mentor, and inspire a team of product managers, engineers and designers.
Reporting to the Vice President of Product, this role is a critical part of the product leadership team and will be instrumental in defining & delivering the next gen Toast Partner Ecosystem. Today, the ecosystem has nearly 200 partners ranging from independent software developers to some of the largest companies in restaurant technology such as DoorDash and Uber Eats.
You will spearhead initiatives with other Toast teams across Product, Engineering, Marketing, Sales, Account Management and Customer Support. You will interface with our third party developers, restaurant customers and restaurant guests directly to get feedback on enabling the most robust partner-driven developer ecosystem.
About this roll* (Responsibilities)
- Define the vision & strategy for our entire partner/developer lifecycle from registration to marketplace monetization
- Recruit, hire, manage, mentor, and retain product managers, designers & engineers focused on developing our next generation Toast partner platform
- Create & present business cases and business models for developer-enabling investments, and measure/quantify success of product launches
- Present Quarterly Business Reviews to Executive leadership team on quarterly progress and business results
- Meet regularly with third-party developers, customers and prospects to drive Toast roadmaps towards enabling a best-in-class developer experience
- Work directly with internal teams building APIs to ensure partners/developer needs are met and restaurants’ choices for compelling enhancements flourish
- Collaborate with Corporate and Business Development to determine product investment and Go To Market strategy for growing the Partner Ecosystem business
- Represent Toast at events, trade shows as best-in-class developer platform for attracting independent or large-scale software companies innovating in the hospitality market
- Lead by example. At times, working alongside the team in defining requirements, workflows, interaction, user journeys, process/screen flows, and wireframes
Do you have the right ingredients*? (Requirements)
- 7+ years of relevant work experience in product management
- Familiarity with building marketplaces and monetizing platforms
- Technical understanding of API platforms & partner ecosystems
- Track record of success (and enjoyment) in building and leading high performing teams
- A strong passion for managing and mentoring product managers and engineers
- Deep understanding of agile product methodologies and best practices
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced, collaborative, agile environment, while also leading process improvement efforts
- Knowledge of restaurant and hospitality industry is a plus
Our Spread* of Total Rewards
- Unlimited Vacation
- Sabbatical opportunity after five years
- Professional Development Reimbursement Program
- Commitment to Employee Wellness through resources such as a quarterly Wellness Stipend
- Various peer and company recognition programs
- 401(k) and matching
- Medical, Dental, & Vision Coverage
- Mental Health Benefits
- Subsidized backup childcare
*Bread puns encouraged but not required
We are Toasters
Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion is Baked into our Recipe for Success.
At Toast our employees are our secret ingredient. When they are powered to succeed, Toast succeeds.
The restaurant industry is one of the most diverse industries. We embrace and are excited by this diversity, believing that only through authenticity, inclusivity, high standards of respect and trust, and leading with humility will we be able to achieve our goals.
Baking inclusive principles into our company and diversity into our design provides equitable opportunities for all and enhances our ability to be first in class in all aspects of our industry.
Bready* to make a change? Apply today!
Toast is committed to creating an accessible and inclusive hiring process. As part of this commitment, we strive to provide reasonable accommodations for persons with disabilities to enable them to access the hiring process. If you need an accommodation to access the job application or interview process, please contact [email protected].
For roles based in the United States: As part of our commitment to the health and safety of our employees and their families, all individuals entering our US workspaces are required to provide proof of full vaccination against COVID-19 unless they have an approved medical or religious accommodation.