Retirement Product Strategy Consultant at MassMutual
“Join an organization with Double Digit Growth” “Expand your Career” “Develop Yourself”
MassMutual Workplace Solutions continues to innovate and be on the leading edge of offering retirement solutions through market leading investments and holistic tools that help participants to prepare for their future life. A new division within Workplace Solutions, Worksite & Voluntary Insurance Benefits, is focused on developing and executing a more comprehensive approach to worksite sales of individual insurance products. A focus on institutional markets, DCIO & Stable Value business is adding additional scope to a very successful organization. Growth, innovation and a consistent focus on policyholders and customer sets MassMutual apart and gives them a competitive edge in the market. This is an organization worth consideration.
In order for Workplace Solutions to achieve its profitable growth objective, it will be necessary to have a clear strategy for staying ahead of the market for products, services and solutions offered as well as markets served. The Retirement Product Strategy Consultant must successfully bring together the external view of the marketplace, the analytics of our book of business along with the earnings focus of the Pricing team, the growth objective of Sales team and the efficiency goals of Operations by understanding and balancing their respective needs and to deliver strategic recommendations on the solutions we offer as well as the markets we serve.
- Help drive a forward looking product strategy and roadmap for suite of assigned products that is based upon robust understanding of client, market, competitive and regulatory trends, and clearly articulates value proposition and points of differentiation
- Product Strategy and Planning:
- Market/Customer Research
- Utilizes and evaluates industry & competitive insights to inform planning process
- Utilizes, evaluates and shares internal sales, book of business and other informative data to drive educated decision making and insights to the broader org
- Demonstrates strong understanding of the distribution landscape and partners with sales to evaluate partnerships and their alignment to our business needs and future growth opportunities
- Product Strategy, Plan & Roadmap
- Helps with the development of broad strategies for a group of products
- Ensures that individual product strategies are robust & aligned with each other & and the overall vision and value proposition
- Partners cross-functionally to ensure strategies are integrated
- Define Product Offer
- Provides high-level insights and inputs into definition of future state product offer as it relates to the strategic roadmap
- Ensures alignment of offering across group of products, as well with overall mission, vision & value proposition
- Market/Customer Research
- Product Ideate and Plan:
- Provides high-level voice of customer & market to ideation
- Aligns new ideas against other portfolio products and strategies
- Identifies and resolves conflicts, making the appropriate tradeoffs as necessary
- Reviews and approves the idea intake form
- Develop Business Case
- Provides insights and input upon request
- Aligns business case with initiatives in pipeline for product group; considers impacts and priorities
- Lead and Communicate:
- Participates in and/or leads client and new business presentations
- Develops strong relationships with business partners and senior leaders
- Participates in and/or leads broad business or strategic projects or changes initiatives
- Product Performance Management:
- Reviews product scorecards, including key business and financial objectives
- Discusses scorecard results at relevant governance forums and committees
- Deep and thorough understanding of retirement services products and landscape. Ability to translate this information into innovative strategy recommendations.
- Expert level knowledge of industry best practices and go-to-market strategies.
- Ability to work externally as a face to the industry and as a subject matter expert in the presentation process.
- Demonstrated ability to work cross-functionally to ensure engagement across all stakeholders
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills; able to document complex issues, methodologies, and resolutions such that others can readily understand them
- Sound business judgment and proven experience in successfully managing in organization in an environment of rapid change
- Comfortable dealing with both complexity and ambiguity, and able to explore multiple solutions to a problem
- Strong customer service orientation
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience
- 10 or more years’ experience at a retirement plan provider
- Series 6 or 7 license a plus.