Product Owner at Agero + Swoop
No one knows the road like Agero. For over 45 years, we have provided the safest, smartest solutions for drivers and the companies that keep them moving.
As a result, we have become an industry leader, providing vehicle manufacturers and insurance carriers with privately labeled state-of-the-art roadside assistance plans and efficient claims management solutions. Our Roadside Assistance network protects more than 115 million drivers each year, providing award-winning service that helps motorists in their time of need while building customer loyalty for our clients.
Headquartered in Medford, MA with operations throughout North America, we are trusted by more than 100 leading corporations and used by 75% of the new passenger vehicles sold in the U.S. As a result, we have more information about cars and drivers than any other company. We use that data to continually enrich our solutions, maximizing our customers' opportunities while minimizing driver distraction.
- Produce technically focused user stories, and collaborate with engineers to ensure accuracy and feasibility
- Lead product demos with potential internal and external users.
- Work with marketing and sales teams to Collaborate with key stakeholders (ranging from management to customer support and sales) to define, develop, shape and refine requirements of a complex software product.
- Identify and present details on industry standards that associates with the current product needs.
- Define, prioritize, and clarify user stories; working with other Product Managers and Product Owners to understand use cases, features, business & technical domain rules and overall product goals.
- Work with engineering teams to continuously improve product ownership and other agile processes.
- Collaborate with the Team Lead (Scrum Master) to run successful release planning and sprint planning sessions, as well as sprint reviews and retrospectives.
- Maintain the functional quality of the work being delivered by setting and evaluating expectations and acceptance criteria.
- Establish goals and metrics to measure effectiveness after release; monitor & report on progress.
- Build and groom product backlog(s). Create and groom short, medium and long-term product roadmaps and get internal agreement with key stakeholders.
- Own and maintain product documentation.
Education: Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or equivalent required.
- 5+ yrs related experience.
- 2+ years Agile experience, with at least one as Product Owner
- Software engineering or architecture experience, PMP Certification is a plus.
- Experience from high tech, software, or service delivery organizations preferred.
- The ability to manage multiple, competing priorities and execute systematically
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment and deliver successful products
- Ability to work with and lead people in a heavily matrixed organizational structure
- Strong knowledge of agile development practices (especially Scrum and / or Kanban), methodologies and tools.
- Direct hands on experience with writing user stories, grooming product backlogs and coordinating/prioritizing conflicting requirements in a fast paced, ever changing environment
- Project documentation skills using MS Project Plan or equivalent.
- Able to influence prioritizations decisions while working as a customer proxy to define a team’s backlog
- Experience working with 3rd party vendors, clients, partners and understanding their technical needs and driving product requirements.
- Outstanding technical and non-technical communication skills; demonstrated ability to communicate clearly across all levels of an organization.
- Ability to understand and abstract complex systems from technical descriptions
- Ability to thoroughly understand complex business and technical issues and influence decision making at all levels of the organization without formal reporting structure authority
- Experience with JIRA, VSTS, tickets or Zoho is a plus
WORKING RELATIONSHIPS: Interacts with management and staff across the organization. High level description of a product feature detailing the list of acceptance criteria. Must help evolve the product based on industry standards and product evolution.