We’re reimagining sports and technology.
DraftKings is bringing sports fans closer to the games they love and becoming an essential part of their experience in the process. An industry pioneer since our founding in 2012, we believe we can continue to define what it means to be a technology company in sports entertainment. We love what we do and we think you will too.
Join a groundbreaking team.
As a member of the Delivery Management team, you will have a critical impact on what DraftKings is today and what we become tomorrow. While helping to lead a talented team of software engineers, you will serve as a liaison between the Product, Engineering, and other external or internal groups to deliver quality features on-time and maintain the health of the existing DraftKings products and platforms. Sound good to you? Join us.
What you’ll do as a Product Owner:
- Act as the backlog representative, and as one of the leaders for one or more of the small Agile development teams.
- Facilitate breaking down product requirements into sagas, epics, stories, and tasks.
- Own the prioritization and sequencing of the backlog to align with company strategy.
- Provide transparency on results and planning through data driven metrics and accurate bi-weekly reporting.
- Collaborate with other Product Owners and groups to identify dependencies, plan initiatives, and deliver on larger product goals.
- You will also work closely with Product Managers and Technology Leads to understand the business objects and tangible results of the work.
- Monitor individual objectives and key results that align with team, domain, and vertical.
- Balance resources, time, and scope to deliver on very high-quality standards.
What skills you will use:
- A minimum of a Bachelor’s Degree is required. A Bachelor’s Degree in computer science, social science, or engineering is preferred.
- A minimum of 1 year of relevant experience in software development is required.
- Experience working in an Agile environment is preferred.
- A portfolio illustrating delivered product and examples of the tools and methodologies used is required.
- Experience with customer advocacy, self-directed improvement efforts, and analytics is preferable.
- Certified Scrum Product Owner (CSPO), Certified Scrum Master (CSM), Project Management Professional (PMP), and PMI-Agile Certified Practitioner (PMI-ACP), is a plus.
Who are we a good fit for?
We love working with talented people but more than that, we seek out compassionate co-workers with a collaborative spirit. Our work moves quickly and we’re great at coming together to find creative solutions to some of tech’s most interesting problems. If that sounds good to you, join us.
As a technology company at our core, DraftKings believes that the best innovation comes from diverse perspectives, thoughts, beliefs, ideas, and experiences. We consistently push boundaries and challenge the conventional to ensure our culture and products reflect the expectations of our employees, and the customers we serve.
We’re proud to believe that your gender, race, nationality, religion, sexual orientation, status as a protected veteran, or status as an individual with a disability should have nothing to do with our hiring practices. We’ll never discriminate against anyone’s background or creed. If you’re good at what you do, we want you to do it at DraftKings.