Product Owner - Data Science Platform at Vistaprint
About Our Team:
The Data Platform Tribe’s mission is to create a platform of valuable features/services that enable our users to create breakthrough analytical insights and data driven customer experiences resulting in jaw dropping customer value.
- Are a tribe of 30 engineers working in 4 data domains – core processing platform, business intelligence, infrastructure and predictive/data science platform
- Strive to build a self-service data platform where ingestion, curation and reporting are done by system users
- Believe data quality/correctness should be owned by technical and business teams
- Work in a fast, autonomous environment using agile principals and ceremonies
- Build high quality, valuable software and deploy features early/often
- Work with team members across many geographies including US, Spain, Czech Republic and India
- Partner closely multiple teams including technology, analytics, data science, marketing and finance in order to gather feedback and make sure we’re building valuable software
- Develop a polyglot platform and believe in selecting the right technology to solve the problem
- Author, prioritize and manage a roadmap of self-service tools/features for the Data Science Platform
- Work with a team of 5 platform engineers as well as data scientists to deploy data science models live to our website and other channels
- Gather feedback from platform users to evolve and re-energize the roadmap
- Be measured by the value created by the data science platform and the health of the technology in your domain
- Be curious about trends and emerging technologies in the Data Space, participate in user communities, and share what you learn with your teammates
- Be biased towards action and passionate about engineering excellence
- 10+ years working in technology field (preferably with data tech stack)
- 5+ years experience in technical product management and software development project delivery experience
- An end-user, customer-first mindset open to changing requirements and complex solutions
- Statistics/ML experience a plus but not required
- Problem solving and multi-tasking ability in a fast-paced, globally distributed environment
- Strong communication skills, including the ability to work with business partners in many geo-locations to turn requirements into an actionable data engineering backlog
- Experience with cloud services in AWS, Azure or Google is a plus
What's in It for You:
- Great compensation package + comprehensive benefits
- Continuous development opportunities such as onsite training, meetups, conferences and online training subscription
- Free food, drinks, fresh fruit and cold brew on tap in the office!
- And more!
If the above sounds interesting, please apply. We look forward to hearing from you!
Equal Opportunity Employer
Vistaprint, a Cimpress company, is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. All qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, national or ethnic origin, nationality, age, religion, citizenship, disability, medical condition, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender presentation, legal or preferred name, marital status, pregnancy, family structure, veteran status or any other basis protected by human rights laws or regulations. This list is not exhaustive and, in fact, in many cases we strive to do more than the law requires.