We’re not your traditional tech company and we don’t aim to be. Going against the grain is in our DNA. Building a revolutionary product begins with revolutionary thinking. That’s why we value diversity of thought, background and lived experience. Together, we empower restaurants of all sizes to build great teams, increase revenue, improve operations, and delight their guests. We pair our deep understanding of the restaurant industry with powerful cloud based software and restaurant-grade hardware to deliver an intuitive all-in-one platform. Join us on our mission to empower the restaurant community to delight guests, do what they love, and thrive.
Bready* to make a change?
As a Technical Product Manager on the Menu Platform team, you will work with a dedicated engineering team to deliver amazing experiences for restaurants of all sizes looking to build great menus to drive their operations. You will drive a roadmap aimed at providing advanced tools for Toast’s most demanding customers and help them meet their business objectives. Menus are the heart of a great experience and this role is central to providing customers with the tools they need to be successful.
About this roll*:
- Dive in and partner with the Menus and Config product organization to craft a vision to deliver robust menu management strategies that meet the needs of Toast’s growing customer base
- Actively manage your team’s’ backlog including technical and user-facing requirements, including managing those for API, architecture and data-driven initiatives
- Participate and sometimes lead team ceremonies and meetings including stand ups, retrospectives, planning, and internal demos
- Meet with customers to understand their requirements, pain points and strategic perspectives to enable customer value and strong delivery
- Ensure your teams understand customer pain points, strategic vision and technical trade-offs involved in the overall roadmap and strategy
- Work with the Technical Documentation and R&D Enablement teams to accurately communicate product updates to customers, technical leadership and organizational stakeholders
- Analyze and track key performance indicators of existing and new features to evaluate usefulness, adoption and customer impact
- Evangelizing feature investments and roadmap internally and externally in informal and formal settings, with an emphasis on how the team’s supports and drives impact throughout the organization
- Partner with Toast’s Director of Core Product and adjacent Menu Product Team to shape a vision for Toast menus across a dynamic industry
Do you have the right ingredients*?
- Strong executor but someone comfortable with strategic trade-offs
- Prior experience working with complex products, engineering teams, product design and research to deliver great software experiences at scale, from ideation through to product delivery and maintenance
- Knowledge of modern development practices, including APIs/microservices platforms, databases and enterprise software
- Technical expertise to understand and ask questions regarding technical architecture and solutions to ensure that outcomes are successful
- 2+ years as a Product Owner, Product Analyst, Business Analyst, Technical Analyst, or Associate Product Manager in a fast-paced software or technical environment
- Ability to prioritize workload, meet deadlines, and problem solve using creativity and strong analytical skills
- Knowledge of the restaurant and hospitality industry
*Bread puns encouraged but not required.
As part of our commitment to the health and safety of our employees and their families, all individuals entering our US workspaces are required to provide proof of full vaccination against COVID-19 unless they have an approved medical or religious accommodation.