As a Product Manager at EverTrue, you will partner with one of our Engineering Team Leads and Product Designers to lead one of our product development teams. You will focus on our Core platform, building out and refining integrations with 3rd party data sources to provide fundraisers with the most comprehensive and accurate donor profile in the industry. Beyond the data at an individual level, you will own the filter and search experience that allows fundraisers to segment prospective donor audiences as granularly as possible to match funding needs with eager donors whose interests align.
You will report to one of our Senior Directors of Product on a day to day basis, but work regularly with our VPs of Product and Engineering as well as our Head of Product Design. This position is remote-friendly within the continental US as long as hours overlap with our core hours on US Eastern time, but unfortunately cannot sponsor visas for this position. We do have office space in downtown Boston for those interested in an in-office setting.About Us
EverTrue’s mission is to build relationships in pursuit of a better world. We seek to deliver on this mission through the people we employ and partner with, the values we embrace as a company, and the software and services we offer.
EverTrue embraces diversity and equal opportunity. We value a team that brings a variety of backgrounds, viewpoints, and skills to the table. We believe that the more inclusive we are, the better we will be. We promote autonomy, trust, respect, and passion. Our team strives to share knowledge, celebrate accomplishments, think creatively about our customer's needs, and have fun along the way.
EverTrue helps fundraising teams build a pipeline of donors and raise more money by:
- Creating comprehensive views of their donors using 3rd party data sources including Facebook, Zillow, EventBrite, and Emma.
- Offering mobile-first workflow tools to engage alumni, discover prospects, and manage portfolios of donors.
- Providing actionable metrics to measure and benchmark progress.
Many of the largest universities in the country and more than half of the US World and News top 100 colleges in the US rely on EverTrue. We're cash-flow positive with backing by Bain Capital Ventures and University Ventures. We have headquarters in Boston but close to half of our employees are fully distributed across the US.Who You Are
- A Product Manager with multiple years of experience working in enterprise software development, eager to join a startup brimming with opportunity to grow in that role.
- Excited to join an organization that is still refining its product management processes and contribute to that development while recognizing that improvement can be incremental and perfection is not the goal.
- A self-starter who is comfortable driving your scrum team forward with support from senior team members, but not daily hand-holding.
- Business-minded; framing all potential projects in terms of revenue impact and/or cost reduction, whether they are initially rooted in technical/design debt, customer feedback, or new market opportunities.
- Curious technically; interested and comfortable reading technical documentation for 3rd party APIs or internal architecture, but committed to providing engineering the space to design technical solutions based on the requirements you provide.
- Motivated by helping fundraisers raise much-needed funding for educational institutions and other non-profit organizations.
- Refine the vision and strategy for how your area of our software can help fundraisers more effectively raise money for their mission-driven organizations.
- Ruthlessly prioritize potential projects through a business lens while also understanding the political elements of Product Management in terms of satisfying a wide array of constituents across EverTrue, our customers and prospective customers.
- Leverage customer research and market analysis to crisply define and document product requirements and objectives.
- Collaborate with Engineering and Design to develop a pragmatic plan to bring new product capabilities to life.
- Define how we will measure success, monitor and communicate the impact of launched products.
- Ensure that your colleagues in Marketing, Sales, Customer Success and Support have all the information and training they need to effectively convey product value to customers and prospects.
- You’ve shipped great software as a PM and can provide solid evidence of how you made it happen.
- You have strong references from Engineers, Designers and other colleagues for how you made their lives easier.
- You have strong communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Involvement with building 3rd party software integrations, whether they were API-based or flat file (SFTP)
- Experience developing products in some of the following areas: CRM, Marketing/Sales Automation, Reporting
- Experience or knowledge about fundraising and/or nonprofits
If you’re excited about working for a mission-driven company, we encourage you to apply even if you don't feel like you meet all the criteria.