Product Manager at Nuance
Nuance is the pioneer and leader in conversational artificial intelligence (AI) innovations that bring intelligence to everyday work and life. We deliver solutions that understand, analyze, and respond to people, amplifying human intelligence to increase productivity and improve security. With decades of both domain and AI expertise, we work with thousands of organizations across a wide range of industries.
Check out our team Life at Nuance!
Join our team! At Nuance, we are constantly reinventing how people connect with technology and with each other. Our AI-powered solutions empower organizations to transform “business as usual.” For decades, the world’s leading financial, healthcare, telecommunications, retailers, and government organizations have trusted Nuance to bring them award-winning solutions that deliver more meaningful outcomes and empower a smarter, more connected world. From clinical speech recognition technologies that free physicians to spend more time caring for patients to real-time intelligence that powers billions of customer interactions, we’re deeply committed to helping organizations push the boundaries of what’s possible.
This Product Manager will be responsible for contributing to the development strategy of Nuance’s market leading reporting platform. As a leader in Artificial Intelligence (AI), Nuance can uniquely leverage its cutting-edge technologies to augment and transform traditional reporting workflows. This individual will act as the product owner for the PowerScribe reporting platform as it evolves to support other orders-based clinical subspecialties.
The Product Manager will need to become an expert in the clinical needs of various specialists to define and execute the platform development. This role will lead the scrum teams in Agile product development activities to continuously enhance these platforms and assist in market launch and organizational readiness activities.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities:
- Develop new value-added software releases & support expanded sub-specialty reporting workflows: Understand customer needs, prioritize the backlog, write and groom user stories, seek clarification and insights from users, write acceptance criteria, accept user stories, validate results with clients, all to achieve the stated product release goals.
- Support efficient work practices: Be an active participant in Agile ceremonies (release planning, scrum meetings, sprint retrospectives) and program meetings. Work effectively in a matrix environment to drive collaboration and results with multiple teams. Leverage IT tools effectively (JIRA, Confluence, SFDC, Teams, etc.)
- Introduce new and updated solutions to the market: Help execute product launch plans in coordination with product marketing. Help the cross functional team prepare for new product launches. Create product collateral and assist in product training.
- Be a subject matter expert: Actively assist the commercial team in promoting our solutions to clients. Engage directly with clients to ensure our solutions meet their clinical and operational needs.
- Manage customer feedback: Manage the processes to address escaped product defects and enhancement requests.
Knowledge, skills and qualifications:
- Education: All candidate will be considered that meet at minimum the required skills and some of the preferred skills. All backgrounds are welcome.
- Minimum years of work experience: Minimum of 5 years in a comparable role or within radiology/pathology clinical operations
- Must have minimum of 5 years in comparable role or within radiology/pathology clinical operations
- Knowledge of radiology and/or pathology clinical users and workflows
- Strong broad expertise in training and documentation to a variety of clinical and technical audiences
- Experience as leader or member of inter-departmental team with action plans and deliverables
- Analytical and creative problem solver
- Able to effectively interview and learn quickly from Subject Matter Experts
- Strong collaboration and influencing skills
- High energy, self-starter, team player, delivers results
- Strong communication skills, both oral and written
- Experienced in Agile software development as Product Owner
- Formally trained in, or experienced in, User Experience Design principles
- Familiarity with Software Development Lifecycle management
- Experienced JIRA, Confluence and Salesforce (Service Cloud) user
- Experience with market introduction of software solutions in a B2B environment, preferably healthcare
- Comfortable working in a fast-paced, deadline driven environment with cross functional teams of clinicians, product managers, consultants, delivery staff, and engineers.
Nuance offers a compelling and rewarding work environment. We offer market competitive salaries, bonus, equity, benefits, meaningful growth and development opportunities and a casual yet technically challenging work environment. Join our dynamic, entrepreneurial team and become part of our continuing success.
Nuance celebrates diversity and is proud to be an equal employment opportunity and affirmative action workplace. We consider all qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, military and veteran status, disability, genetics, or any other category protected by law or Nuance policy. If you need an accommodation because of a disability for any part of the employment process, please call 781-565-5086 and let us know.