Product Manager at PathAI
At PathAI, we're applying Computer Vision, Machine Learning and AI in amazing ways to pathology, healthcare, and detecting cancer and other diseases. We're applying our work to drug development, the clinical space, and as a global health initiative. Since it's early days for us, there is a lot of work to do and a lot of great products to build, and a product-driven approach is critical to the success of everything we aspire to do.
The Product Manager will be responsible for driving the strategy for one of PathAI’s products that requires both strategic insight and great execution as it grows. This will include developing the product roadmap and owning the product life cycle management, while continuing to measure the efficacy of the product. A common scenario you’ll face as a product manager on this team includes deciding which users to focus on as well as weighing the ROI to build a user requested feature vs. anticipating their long term needs vs. building something else to address another set of user pain points. This position focuses on building and managing the platform for gathering pathologist annotations used in developing PathAI algorithms.
- Define the Product Roadmap aligned to vision, strategy and goals, based on analysis of market segments, product traction, user and customer needs, and competitive products.
- Identify high-impact opportunities and design user experiences in pursuit of goals, and be able to explain the rationale for your decisions.
- Develop and monitor key metrics evaluating the efficacy of the platform, and work to continuously improve them.
- Work closely with multiple teams across the organization to develop forward-looking well integrated features
- Guide the engineering team on functional and technical requirements, formulating, defining system scope, integration requirements, and objectives
- Collaborate with internal cross-functional stakeholders (regulatory, quality, legal, operations) to manage dependencies, risk, and tight schedules
- 2+ years of product management experience working in an agile development environment on a software product.
- Excellent product sense and has experience driving products or internal tooling that involve user-centric design and workflows.
- Ability to anticipate the needs of a diverse set of internal and external users.
- Highly analytical and understands how to measure success and use metrics to optimize products.
- Exceptional problem-solving, project management, and organization skills, with meticulous attention to detail.
- Proven ability to collaborate and empathize with, as well as challenge, business development, designers, engineers, and scientists.
- Comfort with A/B testing, data analysis frameworks.
- Experience in a life science, pharmaceutical, or healthcare environment preferred.
For the right candidate, we'll offer a competitive salary plus equity. Your compensation is rounded out by a strong benefits package:
- Flexible work hours, with work-from-home options available for many roles
- Three weeks of paid leave per year, an additional two weeks of sick time, plus extended holidays and team-approved leave
- Ten days of 100% subsidized childcare per year
- Healthcare, vision, and dental insurance plans (HMO or PPO), with voluntary add-ons available for dependent care, life, and accident coverage
- Commuter benefit available for public transit or parking
- Convertible sit-stand desks
- Weekly in-office yoga classes
- Free in-office lunch on Tuesdays and Fridays
- Snacks and drinks in the office – which currently include a mountain of Milano cookies, endless Fruit Snacks, as well as cold brew coffee and kombucha on tap, among many other options. Our in-house Snackologist is also happy to take your requests!
Most importantly, you'll be doing important work with a team of people you'll genuinely enjoy spending the day with.
PathAI is an equal opportunity employer, dedicated to creating a workplace that is free of harassment and discrimination. We base our employment decisions on business needs, job requirements, and qualifications — that's all. We do not discriminate based on race, gender, religion, health, personal beliefs, age, family or parental status, or any other status. We don't tolerate any kind of discrimination or bias, and we are looking for teammates who feel the same way.
PathAI does not accept unsolicited submissions from third-parties.
With the rise of employment phishing scams, especially during the current COVID-19 situation, we ask candidates to be extra vigilant. Be careful about providing any kind of personal information, such as location, age, or financial information to recruiters who may be impersonating PathAI employees. PathAI does not require payment for interviews or for applicants to purchase their own work supplies for reimbursement.