Ellevation has a need for an experienced Product Manager to lead customer discovery for an agile team by talking to customers, distilling challenges, curating ideas, defining MVPs, and iterating throughout to deliver product-market fit. A strong Product Manager will work with the team to facilitate high quality, rapid decision-making in service of delivery against team and company OKRs.
What Success Looks Like:
- Lead the continuous discovery process by understanding customer needs, analyzing data, soliciting input from partners and stakeholders, distilling challenges, curating ideas and working with the product team to identify potential solutions.
- Ship MVPs by working closely with your product team to define milestones that deliver tangible value to customers; learn from each release and iteratively reach Product Market Fit.
- Own and be accountable for product metrics for your team. Ensure that feature work is informed by usage and market data. Set aggressive goals tied to company OKRs. Own the reporting of metrics post-launch and ensure they are used to inform future enhancements.
- Evangelize internally and externally -- fully understand the value your team’s work provides by providing use cases, data, and reference customers to cross-functional (product marketing, sales, leadership, etc.) teams so that your team’s work can be brought to market.
- 3-4 years experience shipping successful products -- including defining a product vision, focusing on outcome-based roadmaps, creating user stories and managing backlogs.
- Demonstrated ability to collaborate closely with engineers, designers, and QA in small, persistent teams.
- Strong oral and written communication skills and a comfort communicating across different audiences -- from engineers and internal stakeholders, to technical and non-technical users.
- Deep empathy for users and keen user experience instincts.
- Ability to produce results in a fast-paced, sometimes ambiguous environment.
- Eagerness to tackle complex challenges and a demonstrated ability to break things down into concise, actionable steps.
- Strong influence skills -- including the ability to influence others in a variety of contexts -- including customers, teammates and stakeholders.
- Experience working with web application usage and engagement data (Google Analytics, Splunk, Kissmetrics) is a plus
- Experience with SQL is a plus
- Experience working as an Engineer or UX/Product Design is a plus
- Experience working with Project Management tools (Jira, Trello, Asana) is a plus
Within 1 month, you will:
- Develop rapport with your agile team and other Product Managers.
- Gain solid understanding of Ellevation’s core value proposition and the mechanics of how the product delivers against that value.
Within 3 months, you will:
- Build deep understanding of Ellevation product suite, use cases, and customer needs.
- Lead agile team through customer discovery against key company objectives.
Within 6 months, you will:
- Own prioritization of team backlog against company OKRs and KPIs
- Consistently deliver customer value through iterative MVP solutions customer challenges
At Ellevation, we develop world-class software to help school districts and educators support the fastest growing population of K-12 students: English Language Learners (ELLs). Ellevation helps school districts transform their EL programs and ensure all students can achieve their highest aspirations with a best-in-class data and instructional planning platform, resources to build teacher capacity, and student-facing programs to teach academic language.
We are a fast-growing, mission-driven technology company, partnering with over 800 public school districts all across the country. We are well-capitalized, have a strong team, and are continuously focused on how to build the best organization so that we can achieve our ambitious social and financial objectives.
In addition to our great benefit plans and competitive salaries, here are some other perks that make us unique:
+ Great location in Boston - a stone’s throw from the Chauncy Street/Downtown Crossing T stop (We are currently working 100% remotely due to COVID-19)
+ Ability to make a significant impact in the education industry
+ Fun Fridays including virtual happy hours with our remote team
+ Free snacks, beverages, fruit, and we even compost!
+ On-site gym, game room and darts to support all levels of athleticism
+ Opportunity to join an open and collaborative work environment!
Learn more about our team in our Culture Deck.
At Ellevation, we champion diversity. We’re an equal opportunity employer, committed to creating an inclusive workplace that promotes and values a range of ideas and opinions. We embrace all types of differences in the development of our organization.